Scope Reticles

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Got a good deal on a Nighforce scope and I'm in love. Plan on using it to take my monster ND whitetail buck in November. Really like the MOA reticle but I'm not accustomed to a reticle with fine hairs. Anybody else have a scope with this or a similar fine-haired reticle that gave you trouble while hunting? I'm concerned I could possible lose the crosshairs in low light or shadow. Maybe I'm too worried about it? Considering selling another scope to get another Nightforce if the reticle doesn't give me trouble.

USMCDI

Founding Member
Founding Member
3 of my NF scopes have the MOAR and have had no issues shot hundreds of dogs and a few deer with no issues, I did change my deer rifle scope to an NXS F1 with a mildot reticle and can say that the MOAR is better IMO.

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have eight or nine mil-dot. Then I bought my first MOA a few years ago. Now I wish they were all MOA. If I need to range I can do it with an MOA just as well, and I can tell the width and height of deer antlers once I have my range with the laser. Also, I can get a fast shot at anything under 1000 yards (if I need to) without touching my turrets.

luvcatchingbass

Founding Member
Founding Member
Got a MOA in a Vortex Viper with the fine crosshairs and haven't had a problem myself. I don't use all of its capabilities at this point because anything 250yd and in is pretty close to a dead hold or slightly higher on target.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Got a MOA in a Vortex Viper with the fine crosshairs and haven't had a problem myself. I don't use all of its capabilities at this point because anything 250yd and in is pretty close to a dead hold or slightly higher on target.

i am a vortex guy but going from a nightforce down to a viper is a pretty big down grade.

luvcatchingbass

Founding Member
Founding Member
i am a vortex guy but going from a nightforce down to a viper is a pretty big down grade.

That's why I bought a Vortex because that's what I could afford and I agree Nightforce to Vortex is defiantly get what you pay for.
My Vortex is all I can compare to and if I haven't had any real trouble with low light I would imagine a Nighforce would be even better.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 135
  • This month: 127
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 91
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 85
  • This month: 75