Outboard questions...

WormWiggler

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have an 8hp Yachtwin probably late 80's vintage. I took if off the SS deathtrap in preference to an electric trolling motor. I got it running to day, and seems like the idle circuit may be gummed up as it will gin along at higher rpms. The gas is likely mid 90s and may or may not have seafoam in it. Short of tearing into the carburetor, which I could see me making a f'n mess out of.... is there any tricks to get it to clear on its own. Not sure if I want to let it run at the rpms its got with out being in a lake, the hose is giving me a nice tattle tail stream but I am under the impression that high rpms out of the water is bad juju.

Also the twist grip thought has an end cap that rotates, doesn't seem to effect it, at least at these rpms. It is not a throttle lock as that is not on the end. Any thoughts as to what it is?

It is for sale too..

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'd probably mix up a new batch of gas with a generous amount of sea foam and let it run for a while. I have used everything from plastic totes to 5 gallon pails to run boat motors in and Just trickle water in to keep it from getting too hot. Good luck

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
you can try that but I'd bet my next paycheck your tearing the carb down and cleaning.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 110
  • This month: 103
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 81
  • This month: 80
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 69
  • This month: 67