Sturgis, anyone going?

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Making the run down on Saturday morning with mrs johnr on the back.
Looking forward to a nice ride, and some debauchery

fnznfwl

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'd rather spend 100 hours watching Hillary Clinton interviews than spend one second at Sturgis.

huntorride365

Founding Member
Founding Member
Leaving this Thursday. Some good Chip concerts this year. Should be a good party time. Most of the riding will be on the Wyoming side to avoid some of the shit show.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Be careful of all those doctors and lawyers posing as hell's angels;:;rofl

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Leaving this Thursday. Some good Chip concerts this year. Should be a good party time. Most of the riding will be on the Wyoming side to avoid some of the shit show.

Yeah we are going to Kidrock Sunday night at the chip. A buddy has a nice home in Lead, so we will likely ride around that area when not in Sturgis.

Mort

Founding Member
Founding Member
you mean..you gonna pretend to be a hippy biker???? I dunno about that johnr....lol....just be safe...

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yeah we are going to Kidrock Sunday night at the chip. A buddy has a nice home in Lead, so we will likely ride around that area when not in Sturgis.

last time i was there was 2004 when kid rock was there i was single and sturgis was awesome. I dont ride motorcycles and i am not single so it lost its luster for me.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Hahaha, costumes... you sure got that right on some of these guys, but like dirtymike said, that goes with everything. My favorite is out of state pheasant hunters, and the fancy brush pants, and orange jump suits, $3000 double barrel guns, and $2000 dog gps collars...

I do wear a helmet most of the time, always wear gloves and eye protection, a jacket if is cool out, and boots to protect my feet, and I do love the village people...haha

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
Whenever I hunt with my friends from SD I'm sure to be wearing my brush pants, shooting glasses, and REA hybrids hat. I almost got in a fight in the Andover bar. Had to let the locals know that it was a joke.

Traxion

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sounds like a pretty weak rally coming this year. Everyone got fired up for the 75th and now not near as many are coming this year. Buddy runs a house rental outfit and he has had very little demand this year. Which for me is nice! I hate rally week LOL!

NodakBuckeye

Founding Member
Founding Member
The lack of hotels Saturday night from Des Moines to Sioux Falls was attributed to Sturgis bound travelers. The 2 rest areas we napped in were not busy so we had that going for us.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
Kid rock friday night here. He is coming out early while it is still light and doing a mililtary salutes b52s whole 9 yards. Interesting if he does it 2 day later. Not much to pack other than 7 30packs

Bacon

Founding Member
Founding Member
You mean "Dress like a pirate" Bike week. I find it kind of funny how these people dress different just to ride a motorcycle. If you have to change your clothing attire from what you wear every day, you might be a poser. Unless you wear a bandana and spurs every day.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
If I was to ride a motorcycle for any distance, I'd have leathers on. I don't fault them for that. Growing up, I had a neighbor that would ride his harley to work every night. He had to dump it to avoid smacking a deer. The only thing that saved his skin was those leathers. They do serve a purpose.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 119
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 96
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 73
  • This month: 71