Montana goat results out!

jdinny

Founding Member
Founding Member
montana speed goats results are out.

i was lucky enough to draw the 700-HD unit with 0 points.

i wasnt prepared for this tag and have to start researching the unit. anyone hunt this unit before? any tips?

we do have private land access in the ekalaka and willard areas so will be setting up camp there.

thanks fellas

Srputz

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am also successful on my first try. Now the work begins

Big J

Founding Member
Founding Member
You fellas in the 700 series have tons of options. More good BLM land and Block Managememt in Region 7 than anywhere else. Order a Block Managememt book on August 15th when they come out. Pay attention to type 1 and type 2 block Managememt areas. You guys will have zero issues being successful. I as denied my first choice in 700-20 but drew a rifle buck antelope tag on my second choice! I'll take a tag and a point for next year any day of the week

jdinny

Founding Member
Founding Member
I did order 2 of those maps last night Big j. I saw the differance in type 1 and 2. Once I get the map I will prolly reserve some type 2 for our trip. I need to see exactly where our private land is. It's my brothers best friend from college ranch. He keeps pestering him to hunt goats so we applied all I know is it's by ekalaka. My old man also does crop insurance and has a rancher they said to come on out closer to alzada now that I talked to him.
Thanks for the help. It's always fun and stressful hunting new units. This ain't like my Wyoming unit that I know like the back of my hand!

I did did call the game and fish and camping is allowed unless otherwise posted on BLM and greasslans so the tent is coming with. We may even set it up on the private ground we have access too.

I may may pm you further big j in the coming weeks.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 109
  • This month: 101
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 81
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 67
  • This month: 66