Not Too Shabby

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thanks cap'n. Just ordered mine. I miss using a fishing camera and this will make it fun again.

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
So if I'm reading it correctly the included transducer can do DI, but to get SI you need to upgrade ducer? The 7" is on sale at scheels for like 699 but the included transducer isn't DI or SI, you have to upgrade to $300 ducer. Does the 9 come with different ducer than 7?

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
So if I'm reading it correctly the included transducer can do DI, but to get SI you need to upgrade ducer? The 7" is on sale at scheels for like 699 but the included transducer isn't DI or SI, you have to upgrade to $300 ducer. Does the 9 come with different ducer than 7?

Correct. It is DI only if you don't have an LSS1 or LSS2 currently.

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
Explain LSS1 and LSS2. Those are just structure scan ducers, correct?

Yes. All new units will work with older structure scan transducers.

- - - Updated - - -

LSS2 is the unit that will mate up to this head unit for SI.

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
LSS1 can also feed direct too - correct? No need for transducer network box.

Correct, the LSS1 will function the same. It is just not offered for sale anymore.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, you can still plug it into the LSS1 box. The new unit will just negate the box.

pluckem

Founding Member
Founding Member
Cabelas put this combo of head unit and ducer together as an exclusive package just for them. It's essentially the ducer that was made for the elite down imaging series. This would be an ideal set up for the front of the boat on the electric. It will give you down imaging up front.
It is a useful package, however it can be confusing to buyers because lowrance does not usually sell this package so some might think this is the same thing as the head unit plus the LSS2 (structure scan) package.

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
Cabelas put this combo of head unit and ducer together as an exclusive package just for them. It's essentially the ducer that was made for the elite down imaging series. This would be an ideal set up for the front of the boat on the electric. It will give you down imaging up front.
It is a useful package, however it can be confusing to buyers because lowrance does not usually sell this package so some might think this is the same thing as the head unit plus the LSS2 (structure scan) package.

The way I see it is if you have the Lowrance stuff already you can buy this package and sell the transducer on eBay. If you don't have the stuff, you still have to buy the LSS2 for side scan for 300 bones retail or less if you are a shopper.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 135
  • This month: 127
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 91
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 85
  • This month: 77