Outboard power chips

Gus

Founding Member
Founding Member
Anyone running power chip/programmer in their 4 strokes? Got 200 Yammi looking to get little more out of.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm pretty sure you have to send the ecm in and have it reprogrammed.

- - - Updated - - -

and the amount of hp bump varies from motor to motor. some they can get a pretty good increase some not so much. probably won't see much in top end speed increase. 3-4 mph on that motor is all I'd guess.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm pretty sure you have to send the ecm in and have it reprogrammed.

- - - Updated - - -

and the amount of hp bump varies from motor to motor. some they can get a pretty good increase some not so much. probably won't see much in top end speed increase. 3-4 mph on that motor is all I'd guess.

Depends on if he's got a 4cyl 200 or a 6cyl 200. The 3.3L V-6 is the same for 200, 225, and 250HP.

Wild and Free

Founding Member
Founding Member
Stay away from any of the "Foolers" or Chips for outboards. Go with Simon motor sports ECM reflash. The ECM needs to be sent into them. I had it done on My Yammy F150 a couple years ago and it was well worth it for the added fuel economy and better running and smoother performance overall.
Cost was $600 plus shipping IIRC. I will recoup the 600 bucks in fuel savings alone within a few years.

Sub_Elect

Founding Member
Founding Member
Stay away from any of the "Foolers" or Chips for outboards. Go with Simon motor sports ECM reflash. The ECM needs to be sent into them. I had it done on My Yammy F150 a couple years ago and it was well worth it for the added fuel economy and better running and smoother performance overall.
Cost was $600 plus shipping IIRC. I will recoup the 600 bucks in fuel savings alone within a few years.

What hull did you have the F150 on? Did you see any speed gains?

Wild and Free

Founding Member
Founding Member
What hull did you have the F150 on? Did you see any speed gains?

Mine is on a heavy 24' triple tube Bennington pontoon with 60 gallon fuel tank that is rated for a 250 engine, so I am a bit under powered with my set up "150 is the minimum HP suggested for my toon" and have the engine maxed out pushing this boat around so I didn't gain much in speed 1-2 mph maybe but it did bump the rpms from 5600 tops to 5850 RPM now which is better and tells me I did pick up some HP.
Engine runs smoother when cold started and has a lot smoother power band and pulls harder throughout the rpm range. No more stuttering at times off idle or stalling with gear engagements ect.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 135
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 83
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75