34.5" columbia river walleye

Ristorapper

Founding Member
Founding Member
thanks to Target walleye for this info:

34.5" columbia river walleye within the info.

http://campaign.r20.constantcontact...40074&ca=15470f5a-00c1-4d1a-8701-7e11209cd577

34.5" WA walleye caught.

Columbia River Basin guide Kimo Gabriel led Tim to this monster WA water dragon that was dang near as long as a yardstick:

> "Caught while flatline trolling a #11 Berkley Flicker Minnow upstream at 1 mph in 15-18'. The lures must be 'super tuned' in order to run straight because of the heavy current."

They boated (and released) 60+ walleyes that weekend between 20-34.5". Guess you could say Kimo's dialed in! Here's the video of the 34.5" waving goodbye:

Last edited by a moderator:

Founding Member
Founding Member
Kimo is one hell of a stick, have known him a long time. He once had the Oregon record of 18 lbs 14 oz, took it and got it officially weighed then went back to the marina and released her!
This is a shot right before he turned her loose.

kimofish1.jpg

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
All well and good. The C&R religion has diminishing returns. That fish would have served better in a public aquarium.

- - - Updated - - -

IMO, states need to implement a "Share a Lunker" program with walleye like Texas implemented with LM. Wonder what Bass Pro would pay for that gal in one of it's tanks?

Used to have big plans for catching the next state record SM out of Audubon: Aerator, buckets, ice packs and appropriate numbers on speed dial. My big plan was displaying the fish at the Garrison Hatchery while negotiating a price with Gander and BassPro.

Anyways; an alive, healthy fish for more than my name in the record books. ANS is complicating things a bit.

IMHO, folks need to "bleed" and treat SM like a giant bluegill (which they are). Audubon seems to be peaking at 3lbs.

th

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzBHTT9FCT4

Last edited:

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
What they do is start with a flicker minnow, bend the front ring a bunch of times that results in no better tracking, throw flicker minnow away and buy a salmo. Then when the report asks what they were using, they have some guy just yell "flicker minnow" so they can get rid of the remaining stock before the winter hits. THAT is how you super tune flicker anything.

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
I found out an actual tuning tool works leaps and bounds better than a needle nose plier. It seems a movement the width of a human hair can make a difference, ha.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
I found out an actual tuning tool works leaps and bounds better than a needle nose plier. It seems a movement the width of a human hair can make a difference, ha.

I have both the berkley and the reef runner tools. I like the reef runner better.

Walleye_Chaser

Founding Member
Founding Member
What they do is start with a flicker minnow, bend the front ring a bunch of times that results in no better tracking, throw flicker minnow away and buy a salmo. Then when the report asks what they were using, they have some guy just yell "flicker minnow" so they can get rid of the remaining stock before the winter hits. THAT is how you super tune flicker anything.

LOL agreed

Fishmission

Founding Member
Founding Member
Some of the best tuned cranks besides salmo are yo Zuri crystal minnow deep divers
I bought several on sale last year for 6.99. usually go for 12 a piece which is insane. Almost impossible to detune one and strongest trebles I've seen. They are fish catchers but gnashing of teeth if I loose one.

Sub_Elect

Founding Member
Founding Member
I will take you crank shopping Dirty. Just don't look at whats in the shopping cart and don't look at the receipt when you get home. It's gonna be fun!

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
I will take you crank shopping Dirty. Just don't look at whats in the shopping cart and don't look at the receipt when you get home. It's gonna be fun!

As long as it's your scheels card getting swiped OR you have an extra bedroom for me to inhabit while my wife cools down.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 102
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 74