Seat Upgrade Recommendations

defiant1

Honored Member
I am looking to upgrade my boat seats as the foam is pretty much useless and I feel ever bump on the rough water. Any recommendations from the masses?

d1

defiant1

Honored Member
Smooth Moves buy em, Driven Marine,or Scheels

I am not sure I can swing the coin for the Smooth Moves at this point. Looking for quality seats now, that I can install the smooth move setup (or something similar) underneath one day.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
If it is just the cushions that are worn out, and the actual seat is in good shape yet, just have new pads and reapolster (sp) as that can be cheaper than new

defiant1

Honored Member
If it is just the cushions that are worn out, and the actual seat is in good shape yet, just have new pads and reapolster (sp) as that can be cheaper than new

I thought about that, but I am looking for a seat with more support. I was looking at the centric style seats that contour more to your body. I also like how the hinges are on those models.

revolutionz

★★★ Legendary Member
I just got some attwood centric II sas seats that I paired up with my smooth moves, most comfortable boat seat I've even sat on

Sub_Elect

Founding Member
Founding Member
If you are set on buying new seats, I would buy them from a dealer that sells the same manufacture of boat that you have. If you have an Alumacraft I would go to an Alumacraft dealer and order new seats from them, even if they were nicer than your previous seats. Same as if you owned a Ranger, Skeeter, Lund, ect.

Callem'In

Founding Member
Founding Member
I bought a set of Tempress Seats and have been happy with them. They are the OE Maunfacture for Alumacraft. The vinyl is not as thick, but used the same hardware. Been happy so far.

620ranger

Founding Member
Founding Member
You can get smoothmove seats at woodland marine for 800 cash. It may have been a one time deal tho

620ranger

Founding Member
Founding Member
there 550 for just the bases everywhere else. I offered 8 and the took it but it was cash.

- - - Updated - - -

there 550 for just the bases everywhere else. I offered 8 and the took it but it was cash. I got 2 for 800

defiant1

Honored Member
If you are set on buying new seats, I would buy them from a dealer that sells the same manufacture of boat that you have. If you have an Alumacraft I would go to an Alumacraft dealer and order new seats from them, even if they were nicer than your previous seats. Same as if you owned a Ranger, Skeeter, Lund, ect.

Anyone have any idea who manufactures seats for StarCraft or Smoker Craft boats?

defiant1

Honored Member
I'm not sure on that. Let the great Google be your guide!

Yeah, my Google-fu was not particularly successful when searching for the answer. I sent a request to Starcraft for a part number for the seats, but haven't heard back from them yet.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 104
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75