Got My Badger Back Today

Radar13

Founding Member
Founding Member
IMG_0888.jpgIMG_0892.jpg

Wes at Dakota HeadHunter Taxidermy called me today to tell me my mount was done. the work day couldn't go fast enough.
My Iphone doesn't do the mount any justice

raider

Founding Member
Founding Member
VERY nice...

i've watched them dive into prairie trails with no hole b4 like dolphins dive into water... they are bad ass... if i see 1 when walking without a gun, i turn all but my head the other direction and get out of there...

USMCDI

Founding Member
Founding Member
Nice, I hate those bastards. Filled in over 200 holes in a half section of flowers this spring, tried to flood them out no dice, how the hell do you kill them without getting extremely lucky?

JMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Very nice!

Nice, I hate those bastards. Filled in over 200 holes in a half section of flowers this spring, tried to flood them out no dice, how the hell do you kill them without getting extremely lucky?

They're pretty easy to trap.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Pard shot one in late Oct. It's a nice throw rug and not that cool. I told him not to waste a shell. "Sofa Flap Deal" is still cool but must be put away during beer consumption. I'm guessing this is safer. "Sofa Throw" would be superior for conception.

Wild and Free

Founding Member
Founding Member
The amazing part is getting one with fur and skin in good enough condition to do a mount. Have shot dozens of them in my lifetime and they are usually so rough they are not worth keeping or fur guys don't want them. They get dry skin and just plain roughed up and a lot look like a coyote with mild mange.

wildeyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
nice mount, nothing like setting decoys in the dark and parking the truck walking back to the spread running into one of these guys . funny stuff there.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
grizzley bear of the plains, # for # meanest critter out there. Shot one with my 20 ga. pheasant hunting a few years ago and all it did was piss him off. The last shot he turned around and came at me like enough is enough, the bluff charge was enough to rethink my situation and we parted company with both still alive to hunt another day.:;:smokin

arrowdem

Founding Member
Founding Member
thats an awesome mount! predators are hard to mount it seems taxidermist sure seem to have a hard time with them but this one turned out awesome! if you dont mind my asking what did he run you for that mount?

Radar13

Founding Member
Founding Member
I spent $850 for the mount and to have the Beatles clean the scull for a European mount. I checked with a couple places that wanted $850 just to stuff the badger. It's a crazy amount of money but I like that stuff

- - - Updated - - -

DSC_0667.jpg

It filled the space in the wall nicely

Sluggin_Guts

Founding Member
Founding Member
This thread just reminded me of a good story from my college days. A couple buddies and I were out booze cruising one night when we came across a badger. The driver jumps out with a shotgun and puts the badger down. He throws him in the back of his truck, under the tonneau cover. When we get back to town he wanted to show it to his dad. As he's opening the tailgate my other buddy that was with us when he shot the badger screams and scares the living $hit out of the almighty hunter. He gets mad, calls us all ass holes and proceeds to open the tailgate. The badger jumps out of the back of the pickup, lets out a big hiss and looks like he's going to maul all 4 of us. We all start to panic and then the badger turns around, runs down the alley and disappears in to the dark. We never saw it again.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 90
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 70
  • This month: 67
  • This month: 63
  • This month: 56