Archery Opener

Yoby

Founding Member
Founding Member
16 days, 2 hrs 53 minutes

Anyone tracking a decent buck they will be after on opener?

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
16 days, 2 hrs 53 minutes

Anyone tracking a decent buck they will be after on opener?

Yep!! However, advertising on the internet is a good way to send competition into the stratosphere. Just ask anyone from Iowa, Illinois, Kansas, Texas, etc. etc. etc. Looking foreword to opener though. Hope to get my velvet buck the first day in the stand. He comes in EVERY morning and evening. Never had a decent buck do that before so my excitement and anticipation are running high right now. However, it wouldn't surprise me to have him disappear the week before opener. That's usually how my season goes down and I end up shooting a meat buck in the end. Somehow I don't feel bad when that scenario occurs though. (Grin)

Yoby

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wish you the best.
Not asking for a 7x10 nasty freak pic of the buck you are after :;:cheers . Heck a typical decent 4x4 would have me excited right now. Even something tipping the scale of in the score class of 80.

My options at this point are a fork buck, does or veal. Just hoping someone has something they are after that is getting them excited.

I have a couple city of Fargo doe tags that I am hoping to fill until my area gets some movement.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
OK, Here's a couple of bucks NOT on my kill list, just to torture you a bit. One I named "No Brow" and the other is "Shitbird". Guess which is which.

IMG_0091.jpg

bigbrad123

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wish you the best.
Not asking for a 7x10 nasty freak pic of the buck you are after :;:cheers . Heck a typical decent 4x4 would have me excited right now. Even something tipping the scale of in the score class of 80.

My options at this point are a fork buck, does or veal. Just hoping someone has something they are after that is getting them excited.

I have a couple city of Fargo doe tags that I am hoping to fill until my area gets some movement.

Might as well wait until late Nov. You know by now when he actually starts moving! :;:thumbsup

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
Pretty limited on deer hunting grounds for white tail. Heading to the badlands at the end of September to chase a big mulie. Have the MRCC land to hunt for a doe I guess. Not sure how many tags I'll buy this year as I still haven't replaced my little freezer that's still full.

Yoby

Founding Member
Founding Member
I like shitbird. He looks special.

Here is my buck options

07280835.jpg

Brad - I get excited every year for opener even though I know in the back of my head I know I wont have shit until Nov. I think they call it a love hate relationship

scrotcaster

Founding Member
Founding Member
Pretty limited on deer hunting grounds for white tail. Heading to the badlands at the end of September to chase a big mulie. Have the MRCC land to hunt for a doe I guess. Not sure how many tags I'll buy this year as I still haven't replaced my little freezer that's still full.

DM,
They already had their drawing?,, I applied too but have yet to hear back..

arrowdem

Founding Member
Founding Member

did you hunt there last year!? i hunted there also, and they must have denied me this year for MRCC cause i havent gotten a phone call... was looking fwd to that i would have been able to get out there a lot more this year than i did this past year, and it woulda been a nice pit stop on the way out west to do some scouting to try to plug a doe on the way!

bigbrad123

Founding Member
Founding Member
I like shitbird. He looks special.

Here is my buck options

Brad - I get excited every year for opener even though I know in the back of my head I know I wont have shit until Nov. I think they call it a love hate relationship

I gotcha. I guess this year I've been so busy that I'm not even remotely prepared to hunt. I've hardly shot my bow, so I shouldn't go anyway. I doubt I'll get out until at least October, plus I just bought a boat so there's still time to get in a little fishing! We'll see.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
DM,
They already had their drawing?,, I applied too but have yet to hear back..

I got a call last week. They didn't send out letters this year.

- - - Updated - - -

I did. I got a doe the first night I sat in the stand and only went back one more time. I'm going to invest a little more time this year since my world with be a bit different next year.

Ruttin

Founding Member
Founding Member
MFDC1960.jpgI'd like to see this one show up with a little more light :)

iceeyes

Snapchat-8738301567796966108.jpg
After missing this guy with the bow last year l would love to be given another chance.

- - - Updated - - -

Happy I,missed now cause he put on a few more inches

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have some hope for this youngin' in the next few years. I figure he's 2.5 and is definitely showing some potential. Hope he makes it through the seasons for a few years.

IMG_1141.jpg

RustyTackleBox

Founding Member
Founding Member
one of the limbs started to delaminate on my hoyt nitrum 34 last weekend at the medora shoot... AHHHHHH!! I need to be shooting and I'm waiting on new limbs!

H82bogey

Founding Member
Founding Member
The hard part will be the decision. Do I chase after a velvet buck, try to fill a doe reduction tag, or get some more walleye for the freezer?

ItemB

Founding Member
Founding Member
The hard part will be the decision. Do I chase after a velvet buck, try to fill a doe reduction tag, or get some more walleye for the freezer?

Man what hard decisions a guy has to make:) Life is great and I love this upcoming time of the year. Now I just got to figure out how to get more vacation days.
And regular season football starts soon:;:rockit

Last edited:

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don't get the appeal of a velvet buck. Why pick fruit before it's ripe? Makes no sense.

Account Deleted

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'll check my little water hole the Saturday of opening weekend. If it has water, I'll give it a go the next day. If not, I'll probably have to wait until mid-late October.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 156
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 91
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 79