Leeches in FM area?

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I hear there's a dire shortage in FM area. Anybody know where I can find a few dozen to a pound? Maybe even out east in Lakes country? (on my way to Gull lake for the weekend)

LOV2HNT

Founding Member
Founding Member
Don't tell me this...I just told my dad to pick some up in Fargo before coming up to Devils this weekend since I can't seem to find any up there.

Pinecone

Founding Member
Founding Member
You might have to go west a bit, but I hear there's a bunch around a pipe line somewhere

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
I hear there's a dire shortage in FM area. Anybody know where I can find a few dozen to a pound? Maybe even out east in Lakes country? (on my way to Gull lake for the weekend)

Just a heads up. I do not think it is legal to bring live bait across state lines...either To Minnesota from ND...or To ND from MN.
You may wish to call Mn DNR to confirm however. Where can I get more information about bait?
[FONT=HelveticaNeueLT Std Lt Cn,HelveticaNeueLT Std Lt Cn][FONT=HelveticaNeueLT Std Lt Cn,HelveticaNeueLT Std Lt Cn]Check the Other Species section of the online regulations or contact the Minnesota DNR Information Center at 651-296-6157.
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just a heads up. I do not think it is legal to bring live bait across state lines...either To Minnesota from ND...or To ND from MN.
You may wish to call Mn DNR to confirm however. Where can I get more information about bait?
Check the Other Species section of the online regulations or contact the Minnesota DNR Information Center at 651-296-6157.

ha ha ha... OK. I'll get right on that. Would hate to transfer biota in my leeches.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Go into the City and check public transit vehicles.

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
ha ha ha... OK. I'll get right on that. Would hate to transfer biota in my leeches.

Leech runnin' time, my music is a true crime
I hope it ease your brain and kill your pain the way it do mine
(In due time), I’ll either make a killin’ or I’ll do time
Cause even if the fuzz is comin’ gunnin’ son I’m still runnin.

Tommyboy

Founding Member
Founding Member
Everybody is out in GF, DL, and everywhere in between. I was told by 3 different people that the leech season is over and they will not be getting any more. Supposedly they go into the mud this time of the year and they cant catch them. Just what Ive been told.

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
I haven't called, but try Fargo Bait and Tackle and talk to Gary. He has had tons of leeches all year, but like I said I haven't talked to him in the past few weeks.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 112
  • This month: 104
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 83
  • This month: 83
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 73
  • This month: 69