Steam Pot done the ND way.

sig357

Founding Member
Founding Member
Recently I had the pleasure to eat at a Joe's Crab Shack. I highly recomend a steam pot meal as they are awesome. I liked them so much i decided to do my own recipe which is very easy. But the flavor is astounding.

Anyways put some butter in the tinfoil tray for starters. Put in about 2 cups of broth (i used chicken). 4 pieces of sausage. Some mini potatoes, corn on the cob, raw shrimp. I used mushrooms one night also. I could see onions going in the next time I make it. Put it on the grill at 400 for about 25 minutes and you can thank me later. Oh yea I seasoned it with tony's creole seasoning but use what ever you like.
20160815_182105.jpg

20160818_190948.jpg

BBQBluesMan

Founding Member
Founding Member
Very nice! My cousins had a seafood boil this past weekend. Crab, sausage, scallops, shrimp, potatoes, corn, etc...was awesome!!

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
Seafood boils are sweet. One of my favorite ways to feed lots of folks.

- - - Updated - - -

Weird... site works fine sometimes.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've never had anything like that before. Does one just eat the potatoes and corn or go about normal business with butter etc?

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've never had anything like that before. Does one just eat the potatoes and corn or go about normal business with butter etc?

What?!?!

These are great ways to enjoy a meal consisting of variety. The taters are already seasoned and buttered, but that doesn't mean you can't add more.

And yes, Joe's makes a number of these, the few I've tried were awesome.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Hello,

I am wondering if the seasonings permeate the vegetables or if one should use butter, etc in a normal fashion. I've never been at a seafood bake or at Joe's.

Wild and Free

Founding Member
Founding Member
Hello,

I am wondering if the seasonings permeate the vegetables or if one should use butter, etc in a normal fashion. I've never been at a seafood bake or at Joe's.

WOW!! You have not experienced one of the greatest things in life then by not having tried good Cajun seafood cooking.:;:thumbsup

Last edited:

sig357

Founding Member
Founding Member

Yup just eat away. There is usually some juices in the bottom of the pan and I will typically roll the corn in it. I also cut the potatoes in half and let them sit in the juices cut side down. Damn good eating.

- - - Updated - - -

Sprinkle the seasoning if your choice over the dish. I put butter on top of the corn before i cook but isnt needed as i roll the corn in the juices that build up in the pan. Same goes for the potatoes

- - - Updated - - -

I have tried Joes crab shack a few time and its good but is nothing compared to Pappadeaux seafood kitchens.
https://pappadeaux.com/locations/
My sister has mentioned this place as she lives in CO springs. Next time i visit her i will have to partake in eating there

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm not a big seafood eater. That looks good. I appreciate the replies Sig and WF.

- - - Updated - - -

I DO know damn right I'd tear into the sausage and corn.

ShootnBlanks

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just gonna mention that I tried your recipe tonight Sig. Added some fresh onion and peppers from the garden as well. Huge hit with family! Excellent recipe and we will be having this again!

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 110
  • This month: 101
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 81
  • This month: 80
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 69
  • This month: 67