Mounting a SI transducer next to a DI transducer???

defiant1

Honored Member
Ok, I got a really good deal on a Garmin side scan fishfinder (Garmin Striker 7sv). I would like to mount its transducer next to the Hbird 859ci HD DI transducer on the transom. Any issues with this setup?

I understand I will have to adjust frequencies on each to eliminate/minimize interference. I want to use the Garmin as a dedicated SI and the Hbird for the mapping capabilities (2D sonar and DI use when needed). The Garmin does have DI capability as well.

Both fishfinders will be mounted at the console. And I already have a Hbird on the bow integrated with the Terrova.

Any practical experience/advice will be appreciated.

d1

RustyTackleBox

Founding Member
Founding Member
you should be fine running both of them, I have lowrance and 2 humminbird, like you said you just need to keep your frequencies different but if you are running only SI on that one your freq will already be different and you will only see interference with your 2d, and DI

defiant1

Honored Member
you should be fine running both of them, I have lowrance and 2 humminbird, like you said you just need to keep your frequencies different but if you are running only SI on that one your freq will already be different and you will only see interference with your 2d, and DI

Would you recommend the SI transducer be located lower than the other 2D/DI transducer?

RustyTackleBox

Founding Member
Founding Member
like DM says... oh and don't stick it too far under the hull either only want it about a 1/4" below to flat

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 162
  • This month: 141
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 92
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 80