My god, do sport's commentators ever shut the hell up anymore

Joe

Founding Member
Founding Member
Watching the Thursday night preseason game, and I don't think collinsworth has ever stopped to take a breath. It isn't just the NFL, nascar, baseball, boxing, basketball, the olympics, it doesn't matter. It is like these broadcasters have been told they cannot allow for even a second of dead air. I'm getting a migraine just listening to these jackasses. First person to deliver a stadium noise only audio feed, will own the world.

Ericb

Founding Member
Founding Member
NFL Game pass purchesed from a differnt country. Very little talking and no blackouts.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Mute is a wonderful thing. Very much like the ignore feature here on NDA.

raider

Founding Member
Founding Member
Watching the Thursday night preseason game, and I don't think collinsworth has ever stopped to take a breath. It isn't just the NFL, nascar, baseball, boxing, basketball, the olympics, it doesn't matter. It is like these broadcasters have been told they cannot allow for even a second of dead air. I'm getting a migraine just listening to these jackasses. First person to deliver a stadium noise only audio feed, will own the world.

they did that a few years ago...

Hornhunter

Banned
Banned
Sore vagina tonight?

Joe

Founding Member
Founding Member
Why so many 39's?

I don't know, they just appeared. As far as mute, I need something in the background making noise, otherwise it is just weird, it would be nice if we could go back to commentators calling the actual play, and not analyzing every single muscle twitch, and bringing up some random bull crap from when they were 15, just because every second has to be filled by something. I swear collinsworth was getting paid per word last night, and NBC must only be paying him a penny for every 1,000.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
They just appeared?

That's more of a story than jackass colinsworth

nxtgeneration

Founding Member
Founding Member
My solution: Watch whatever sporting event that is on while im in the garage. Turn the volume up just loud enough so that if something exciting is happening i can hear the screaming. Then the sound of either drills/saws/sanders or beers opening drown out all the crap I don't feel like listening too.

Retired Educator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I don't want it completely quiet but I would prefer less analyzing. Then again, in pro-football, what else do they have to do. They only run a play every 45 seconds. 5-8 seconds of action, 45 seconds of nothing. For me, save the accolades for really good or outstanding plays. These players are getting paid millions to make runs and catches that 90% of the time a high school player is expected to do the same thing. Not every play is worthy of an instant replay over and over from several different angles. Is it me of do baseball announcers seem to think it's OK to just have the game on and not constantly talking.

89bluefin

Founding Member
Founding Member
they are Commentators ...its kinda their job to not shut up but I get your point

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 162
  • This month: 140
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 124
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 92
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 88