Witt's bolt on Muzzle Brake

krhuntin

Founding Member
Founding Member
Bought my wife a savage 25-06 a few years back for deer hunting. She was kind of getting gun shy due to the bark and kick of it (only 22 in barrel and very light). So about a month ago i decided to give witts bolt on muzzle brake a try and wow. I couldnt believe it. At one point my wife said she didnt even think it was the same rifle. They claim 40% recoil reduction which may be pretty close believe it or not. Needless to say i was more than impressed. Just make sure you conduct the proper measurements with a caliper for machining of the brake. I know others may have the same issue as i did so hope this info is useful. Oh and yes it is loud as hell now, but thats just part of it i guess.

CHEERS

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
PLEASE make sure she has her off side ear plugged on a hunt.

krhuntin

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thank you, yes i have already disussed that with her, that she will be incorporating hearing protection, whether it be electronic, or as you stated her off side ear plugged.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Yep invest in a good set of electronic muffs and never look back, but you have to get used to wearing them all the time because in the heat of the moment you will forget, been there done that. 300 win. mag factory muzzelbreak wind in my face. Whats that you say?

Petras

Founding Member
Founding Member
I know you already spent the money on the brake, but I have had very good luck with the limbsaver recoil pads. I put one on my 7mag and it reduced the recoil enough for my 14 year old nephew to be able to shoot it with no hesitations.

krhuntin

Founding Member
Founding Member
I know you already spent the money on the brake, but I have had very good luck with the limbsaver recoil pads. I put one on my 7mag and it reduced the recoil enough for my 14 year old nephew to be able to shoot it with no hesitations.

I had tried an off brand, and that didnt work, but have not tried the limbsaver. Thanks for the info. Just the original limbsaver screw in pads? or do they replace the existing?

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
I just use the slip on pad for sighting in wearing a T-shirt.

USMCDI

Founding Member
Founding Member
F&@k muzzle breaks, get a can and don't look back! Hearing protection not required, tighter groups and way less recoil.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 135
  • This month: 127
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 91
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 85
  • This month: 77