New AR scope

Tikka280ai

Founding Member
Founding Member
i remember reading some where that ar-15's are hard on scopes because of the double recoil of the bolt slamming open and shut. Anybody know any truth to this. Recently had the scheels outfitter scope i had mounted on it go to hell and was wondering if i need to go a diffrent route or if i could put the replacement i was given on and not worry about it.

Have been looking at the Bushnell AR series scopes and have been thinking about getting one of them in the near future

Thanks in advance

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
There are some somiautomatic rifles that are rumored to be hard on scopes but an AR isn't one of them. Now, the concept of "hard on a scope" is a very subjective measure as well. If a scope is crap (I'm not suggesting yours is) it may be more susceptible to breakage on some rifles than on others depending on how the scope is designed. That doesn't mean ARs are inherently harder on scopes than a bolt action.

For what it's worth, air rifles are notorious scope wreckers.

Kentucky Windage

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm pretty sure Pool Turd is talking turd about your scheels scope. He's a bit of a scope connoisseur. He thinks he's better than you too. Don't take that turd from Pool Turd.

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm pretty sure Pool Turd is talking turd about your scheels scope. He's a bit of a scope connoisseur. He thinks he's better than you too. Don't take that turd from Pool Turd.

I just sent a $1000 scope back to Trijicon last week because it took a dump on me but the $250 Leupold sitting atop my 308 AR dialed nicely at the range yesterday. To a degree, you get what you pay for, but if my $1000 scope fails and Tikka243's $300 scope fails, which of us is a bigger sucker? Scheels handed him a new scope. Trijicon will be handing me a bill.

RustyTackleBox

Founding Member
Founding Member
I hear Iron sights are most reliable new technology you can get... :;:stirthepot

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I just sent a $1000 scope back to Trijicon last week because it took a dump on me but the $250 Leupold sitting atop my 308 AR dialed nicely at the range yesterday. To a degree, you get what you pay for, but if my $1000 scope fails and Tikka243's $300 scope fails, which of us is a bigger sucker? Scheels handed him a new scope. Trijicon will be handing me a bill.

Why will trijicon be sending a bill? They don't fix their stuff?

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Plainsman is a large share holder in Trijicon.

- - - Updated - - -

OK, I'm done.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just got one of these new off ebay for $400. It's bad ass.
300222-ar-332-combo.jpg

Last edited:

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Why will trijicon be sending a bill? They don't fix their stuff?
I'm not the original owner and it was spray painted. I was removing the paint and cleaning the lenses using isopropyl alcohol (a method of cleaning that I've used before and was recommended to me by Nightforce) and the scope filled with condensation. That means the seals are shot and it needs to be re-purged. I don't expect Trijicon to fix it for free. They'll say warranty doesn't apply because I'm not the original owner and it had been painted.

For the record, I'm really not a fan of their scopes anymore. Last one was an Accupower 3-9x and the glass was very poor for the price, knobs are cheep plastic.

Last edited:

thriller1

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have the 532 on one of my ARs. Without a doubt my most favorite scope.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
So you're a grammar Nazi now?
Common Svn, we like you better as the guy that throws sometimes non-sequitur, sometimes profound, junk in the middle of a thread for your own amusement.

Nope, just hackin' on Slim a little bit. Wouldn't do it if I didn't think he'd understand.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 135
  • This month: 120
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 76