Carson Wentz to Start for Eagles

You

Founding Member
Founding Member
That escalated quickly. Good luck young man. Best get yourself a milk endorsement ASAP.

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
Yeah, not a fan of the situation. I don't think the Eagles will be very good. But, hopefully Wentz does his thing.

Retired Educator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
No one knows what will happen in the future. There is a reason he was drafted #2, and a reason Philly traded up to get him. There is also reason they traded Bradford to the Vikings. Somebody thinks he is ready and is willing to stake a lot of money on that thought. The NFL is full of players who no one thought they were ready until given a chance. The same was said about Brady, and once given the chance he's never looked back. Good Luck Carson.

Evidently those who watch him practice every day for the past month think he's ready.

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
No one knows what will happen in the future. There is a reason he was drafted #2, and a reason Philly traded up to get him. There is also reason they traded Bradford to the Vikings. Somebody thinks he is ready and is willing to stake a lot of money on that thought. The NFL is full of players who no one thought they were ready until given a chance. The same was said about Brady, and once given the chance he's never looked back. Good Luck Carson.

Evidently those who watch him practice every day for the past month think he's ready.

He probably is ready. Still going to be tough. They just are not very good. But the deal with the Vikings is a good thing for him long term. Those picks will help to rebuild.

Sluggo

Founding Member
Founding Member
My guess is Carson looked as good as Bradford which doesn't mean he is ready or not ready. Add to the fact that teams like MN and Dallas were desperate, there just wasn't any reason not to let Bradford go.

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
Would have liked to see him sit for a year or two. Definitely not an Eagles fan but hope Carson does well and doesn't get hurt!

Ristorapper

Founding Member
Founding Member
Carson Wentz gets the call from Coach Peterson when he is in the field Goose hunting in NJ that he will be their starter for game one. In the goose blind!!!! He hasn't changed; nor should he, good ol' ND boy!!

Last edited:

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
This has disaster written all over it. I just hope he doesn't get seriously hurt. He got hurt in his first pro game because he doesn't know how to protect himself from a hit. Did he ever get hit hard while playing in the fcs?

Plain Skeeter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Let me start with, I have been an EAGLES fan for 20 years. I also hate this whole thing. They could have shopped Chase Daniels, kept Bradford, and Carson in the #2 spot. But they didn't so I will tell you that the eagles are not a bad team. The defense was good last year when they got to rest on the bench for 1 minute and 30 seconds before they had to go back in, so they will be way better this year. Carson will not need to throw 4 TDs a game. The o-line is average, but if Lane Johnson's suspension comes down that will hurt. Look at it this way... he will get two wins at least playing Dallas twice. :;:stirthepot

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Carson Wentz gets the call from Coach Peterson when he is booze cruisin' in an Olds Cutlass on the Rez with a case of Natty Ice that he will be their starter for game one. In a Cutlass!!! good ol' ND boy!!

I think Carson is better than s good ol' ND boy. If he was just a good ol' ND boy, your comment would read as amended ;-)

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Just hope Carson does not get hurt playing with the big boys.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
Let me start with, I have been an EAGLES fan for 20 years. I also hate this whole thing. They could have shopped Chase Daniels, kept Bradford, and Carson in the #2 spot. But they didn't so I will tell you that the eagles are not a bad team. The defense was good last year when they got to rest on the bench for 1 minute and 30 seconds before they had to go back in, so they will be way better this year. Carson will not need to throw 4 TDs a game. The o-line is average, but if Lane Johnson's suspension comes down that will hurt. Look at it this way... he will get two wins at least playing Dallas twice. :;:stirthepot
watch it

Up Y'oars

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yeah, it's rough. I grew up in the Cleveland area and would rather root for them than the godforsaken Steelers.

Ha ha ha! I'm a forty + year Steeler fan and I just happen to have 20yd line tickets for their game vs. Carson Wentz on September 25th! Glad to hear he was placed as a starter, rather than on the bench for the game. I have a feeling the Steeler "D" is going to cause some chaos on the young lad. I predicted to a buddy yesterday that my guess was a 34-13 win for the Black/Gold, with Wentz getting sacked four times.

NOT THAT I'M advocating destroying the guy. I'm just glad that I'll be at the field of play with him going against my team!

Fish whisperer

Founding Member
Founding Member
He looked great on the first drive, one incompletion that was a drop. As a Redskins fan, I hope he does good but the team loses...over and over and over...lol

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
He looks good so far. Good warm up game for him against the Browns! This will really help his development until he plays a better defense

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 134
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 107
  • This month: 106
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 75