What is eveveryone's favorite rib rub.

Crankn

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wondering what everyone uses on my their pork ribs. I made 3 batches this year so far. I don't think the rubs I'm using taste just right.

FishReaper

Founding Member
Founding Member
Brown sugar or raw sugar, Tatonka dust, Fresh rough ground black pepper, for the base
add celery salt, garlic and onion powder to taste. cayenne pepper for heat.

Tommyboy

Founding Member
Founding Member
Slather ribs in plain yellow mustard, then Bad Byrons Butt Rub. Sometimes I use Tatonka. I have also slathered in zesty Italian dressing then apply rub. Smoke for 2 hours, wrap in foil and place in cooler (used as a hot box for this) for 2 hours, then back on the grill for sauce and color for another hour.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
make your own Memphis rub from scratch

- - - Updated - - -

and try Vaunted Vinegar (lots of interweb recipes) upon serving rather than a traditional sauce - some people really dig dipping their rib in it

it really let's the rib shine through, cuts the fat, very different - costs like 10 cents to make so it's not that you'd be out much to try it

Hamm's

Founding Member
Founding Member
Williams Rib Tickler is my favorite. Used by the famous Johnny Trigg.

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Larue Tactical Dillo dust is pretty tasty in a variety of applications.

SerchforPerch

★★★ Legendary Member
Wondering what everyone uses on my their pork ribs. I made 3 batches this year so far. I don't think the rubs I'm using taste just right.

I usually lay down a liberal layer of Killa Hog Rib rub and then compliment it with a decent layer of Dizzy Pigs - Swamp Venom rub..

Cook at 250 for 5 hours in my Pellet grill or until it passes the "bend test".. I prefer a st. Louis style tenderness so I don't foil my ribs as I prefer a little pull and clean bite vs. fallin off the bone..

jpv

Founding Member
Founding Member
I did a rack on the traeger this weekend and they turned out amazing. Used a combination of famous Dave's rib rub,tatonka dust and some jack stack all purpose seasoning. I did 2 hrs on smoke, about an hour on 250 wrapped in foil and another hour unfoiled. Then wrapped them in a towel and set them in a cooler for about an hour. Good eats.

OK Thanks Guys anymore.

ItemB

Founding Member
Founding Member
St. Louis Style Pork Ribs
-1/4 cup kosher salt
-1/4 cup white sugar
-2 tablespoons brown sugar
-3 tablespoons black pepper
-2 tablespoons white pepper
-2 tablespoons onion powder
-2 tablespoons garlic powder
-1 tablespoon chili powder
-1 tablespoon paprika
-1 tablespoon cumin
This should be enough rub for 8-10 pounds of ribs.
Remember to remove the membrane, before applying the rub, rub down 2-3 hours before cooking.
Smoke about 2-3 hours meat side up 225-250 degrees
Sprinkle the ribs with a little brown sugar, then wrap in tinfoil with apple juice on the bottom, keep on the smoker wrapped for another 1-2 hours. This will steam the ribs and help them cook faster but be careful not to keep wrapped to long or the ribs will get to tender/mushy.
Mix up a bowl full of your favorite bbq sauce, I use sweet baby rays and add some apple cider vinegar to thin out the sauce.(not sure on measurements for this I just add to get a thin not runny sauce.
Remove the ribs from the foil put back on smoker for about an hour brush the ribs with the sauce every 15-20 minutes, can turn up the heat a little bit

I have made my ribs using this recipe that last hand full of times I have cooked ribs and everyone seems to like it. Give it a shot and let me know what you think

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 110
  • This month: 103
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 69
  • This month: 67