Elk outfitters Montana/Colorado

bowhuntnd

Founding Member
Founding Member
Looking for recommendations for an elk hunting outfitter in either Montana or Colorado. Looking at going next year. Would prefer some good scenery and good success ratio. TIA

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Colorado has more elk than any other state. Rifle hunt or bow hunt. Want an easy hunt or willing to do what it takes. If just looking to kill an elk I would say a migration hunt in Colorado. I am going to Idaho in 43 days on an otc diy rifle hunt seen some nice elk taken in Hell's Canyon wilder was area but that is not for the faint of heart.

bowhuntnd

Founding Member
Founding Member
Not looking for easy hunt. Just want to see elk and not afraid to put in the work.

Oldbig1

If you want big elk at a reasonable price head here. - beaverheadoutfitters com
We limited out 1st day, stayed for the other 4 just to enjoy camp. I am a school administrator and 1 of my parents guide for them, clients range from the average joe to Major League Baseball players, highly recommend them for a guided horseback hunt.

ItemB

Founding Member
Founding Member
If you want big elk at a reasonable price head here. - beaverheadoutfitters com
We limited out 1st day, stayed for the other 4 just to enjoy camp. I am a school administrator and 1 of my parents guide for them, clients range from the average joe to Major League Baseball players, highly recommend them for a guided horseback hunt.
Did you do the private or public land hunt, it looks like the have a couple different options?

Oldbig1

We did the "Wilderness" Public Land hunt. - Rode in day before season and then killed elk 1st morning, spent the rest of the time camped out enjoying nature.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
We did the "Wilderness" Public Land hunt. - Rode in day before season and then killed elk 1st morning, spent the rest of the time camped out enjoying nature.

Congratulations on a successful hunt!! Did you take any pics?? I like pics!! Stories too, but pics are good!!

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 110
  • This month: 103
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 81
  • This month: 80
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 69
  • This month: 67