New to ND...

WYFlyGirl

Let's see, I am not great at introductions, so I will make it short and sweet. I just moved to Dickinson late this summer. I am dying to string up my 5 wt and see if I can't get one of these Walleye or Pike to eat a fly. I also hunt and am trying my hand at NSTRA field trials…. Looking forward to meeting some fishing/hunting buddies!

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Welcome to God's country.

- - - Updated - - -

How do you feel about docked dog tails?

Flatrock

Founding Member
Founding Member
Welcome! I am a ND native and love the state but it doesn't compare very well to Wyoming for big game hunting. The badlands are awesome for mule deer though so you'll be close to that. Some really good upland bird hunting by Dickinson too.

Not a whole lot of options for fishing around Dickinson. I'm sure you could get a walleye or northern to eat a fly though! If you can, try and find a smaller lake that has both types of fish in it. There are also some decent trout lakes in the state. Best of luck to you!

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sakakawea is about an hour or so away, with some of the best walleye fishing in the state, but not sure on fly fishing. Our local lake, Patterson has eyes and pike in it too, just not the numbers or sizes as the big lake

Moosehunter09

I think for a walleye on a fly your best bet will be in the spring. Somwhere with fast water. Pike should be shorefishable.

Founding Member
Founding Member
Take that fly rod west on I94 to camels hump, trout and bass in there. Lots of fun!
Welcome to ND! :fishing...:

Kickemup

Founding Member
Founding Member
Welcome. If someone asked u to go in on a group vanilla buy or to use water softener salt for canning just say no. Not saying who that might be. I almost forgot if u live in town don't have a bee hive in your back yard.

Kentucky Windage

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think Nodak Anglers "TOKEN" female outdoor chick has finally arrived. You know, the kind of girl who's a 6 or a 7 but because she'll bait her hook or hold a dead bird or deer rack she instantly transforms into a 9 or a 10. Well I'm not fooled TOKEN girl. I see through your pink text. I'm on to you...........

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Welcome. Good luck fishing this weekend. Last time I tried fly fishing was a float trip down the Bitter root river north of Corvalis Mt. It was an absolute blast.

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
Welcome!! Beings your in Dickinson, I'd watch out for jaunr!! I hear he's a shady kind of guy, beings he sells insurance, and drinks Busch Light!! :;:stirthepot;:;rofl Good luck finding birds to hunt, as they tell me there are none.:(;:;boozer

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
Aren't there some good smallmouth waters around? I know the Sheyenne River over this away has those little bronze beauties in it. I hear they take flies on occasion.

Otherwise, welcome! You get a pass for owning a GSP as you come from someplace less foreboding. When you're tired of it giving up on those below-zero pheasant days, I can hook you up with a wirey relative that'll hunt through the worst Nodak has to offer :;: (sort of)

#$%^&>

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 160
  • This month: 139
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 122
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 92
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 86