here's a handy deal I stumbled into

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was shooting a couple years back in my backyard and got tired of the hip quiver. My three PVC catfishing rodholders were on the river bank nearby so I grabbed them and drove their pointy ends in at 30, 40, 50 yds. I dropped my arrows into the PVC and shot while taking arrows out of my "quiver stand".

After shooting a group I was setting my bow down when it dawned on me I could also set my bow's stabilizer in it to keep it up off the grass.

Just thought I'd share if any of you would benefit from this cheap and convenient "system". Sure it keeps you too glued to fixed yardage but at times you are tuning, conditioning and improving form - so no big deal for me most of the time.

quiver-holder.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

it may not be clear in the pic but I simply did a long sweeping bias cut across the PVC to make very pointy tube ends. Used the heavier scheduled PVC so they're very strong.

- - - Updated - - -

by the way - move the target back 5 yds and you have an instant "split the pins" range

don't be a major dork and move all three quivers back like I did the first time... ha ha ha ;:;banghead

Last edited:

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
I really like your new invention, guywhoscience. Can I place an order for one? And if so, will you send me 13?

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I really like your new invention, guywhoscience. Can I place an order for one? And if so, will you send me 13?

teach a man to fish... NO. You need to learn to use your hands for something more productive than what they have been doing.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Nice rod holder pounder in'er you got there.

And all this time I have been using 5 gallon buckets.

Yoby

Founding Member
Founding Member
It drives me crazy you don't have your holders in a straight line. FIX IT.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 110
  • This month: 103
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 81
  • This month: 80
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 69
  • This month: 67