Garage door on Quonset?

Yotkilr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Was wanting to put a roll up door on my quonset but got an estimate for $4,000! For that price ill just leave the doors open. Wondering if anyone has done it them selves how it went or any other options. I know i need to replace the rollers would help but since i park my pickup in there every night would just rather have an opener or something quicker than sliding the big doors.

Tikka280ai

Founding Member
Founding Member
they aren't really that difficult to put up. just take your time and use your tape measure al9t to make sure everything is the same width from one end of the track to the other. when you go to put the individual pieces up to the opening use some reason with washer type heads to hold the door pieces to the opening

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Quonset or pole barn? How big? Fiberglass or steel?

USMCDI

Founding Member
Founding Member
4K isn't bad, did that include a walk through door as well? Who did the estimate? I have another one to do and was quoted 6500.

Kickemup

Founding Member
Founding Member
Most of it depends on the size of door. I will be putting a 24x13 foot door in a wood Quonset on Monday. The door alone for that job was 3grand. And that didn't even include a operator.

Retired Educator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
4 grand is cheap.

Agree that this may be true, depending on the size of the door. For an 8X10 - no. for a regular quonset size door such as 16X12 or similar that's not bad.

Garage doors are not hard to install, as mentioned earlier, dependent on size. Do make sure you start level and keep door rails square. In a small garage door you can do everything from a small step-ladder. In a larger door it might be easier to have some scaffolding available. Also, most doors require more than one person when you start talking about quonset size.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 110
  • This month: 103
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 81
  • This month: 80
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 69
  • This month: 67