Montana Sheep Hunt!!

Yotkilr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sitting at work impatiently waiting for Thursday when i leave for the Missouri breaks of MT to try and fill a Big horn sheep ewe tag! Should be a blast have been talking to the biologist and sounds like should have a great area picked out. The most interesting part is going to be getting to the location to hunt is only accessible via the river. Since it is so shallow there everyone recommends a jet boat. Since got married this year and on a bit of a budget the aluminum jet boats ain't cheap went and found me a 94 fiberglass sport boat so we should look pretty stupid heading up river loaded down with hunting gear. Will keep you guys (and few gals) up to date with pics and stories.

Yotkilr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ur spending the money and going through the trouble to shoot a fricken ewe? WTH

Sure am and gonna have a blast doing it! I'm maybe a little wired but i also spend money and time to shoot doe's and cow elk too. Don't get me wrong would love to shoot a ram but who knows if i will ever draw a tag just wanted to go after sheep. I love going after new species and going to new areas that I've never been too.

deleted_account

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sure am and gonna have a blast doing it! I'm maybe a little wired but i also spend money and time to shoot doe's and cow elk too. Don't get me wrong would love to shoot a ram but who knows if i will ever draw a tag just wanted to go after sheep. I love going after new species and going to new areas that I've never been too.

dont mind the resident troll

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
My nephew left three days ago. Out for a ram. Packing one horse and one lama. I think he is going in about ten or twelve miles. I don't know if the season is open yet. Maybe just scouting. Gone for 15 days.

Yotkilr

Founding Member
Founding Member
My nephew left three days ago. Out for a ram. Packing one horse and one lama. I think he is going in about ten or twelve miles. I don't know if the season is open yet. Maybe just scouting. Gone for 15 days.

Awesome in MT?

and im training my horses for packing and want some lama's too but my wife says i cant get any :(

Hornhunter

Banned
Banned
U can buy lambchops at Sam's club. I promise they will taste better than a ewe bighorn sheep.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Don't mind nutsakangler I got some good rep from him. He is just pms ing seems to happen about once a month. Probably when his mom is about to cut him off getting close to data limits.

MT11

Founding Member
Founding Member
You are going upriver of the Fred Robinson I take it if they said you need a jet boat. If you are and put in north of Winifred at the Judith camp ground you will be fine. Just be ready to pole a lot thru some shallows and bring extra shear pins for your prop. Sheep on the south side are usually between the first and second campsites on the map down river of the ferry. Sheep on the north side are about 3 -5 miles before bullwacker creek. Every year that's the general area I see them. Good Luck and have fun.

ShootnBlanks

Founding Member
Founding Member
I guess I better throw away my daughter's youth tag since it's antlerless only. Sorry it doesn't meet Dish Rags requirements for a fun deer hunt this weekend.

Yotkilr

Founding Member
Founding Member
You are going upriver of the Fred Robinson I take it if they said you need a jet boat. If you are and put in north of Winifred at the Judith camp ground you will be fine. Just be ready to pole a lot thru some shallows and bring extra shear pins for your prop. Sheep on the south side are usually between the first and second campsites on the map down river of the ferry. Sheep on the north side are about 3 -5 miles before bullwacker creek. Every year that's the general area I see them. Good Luck and have fun.

Thanks for the advice! I guess we were planning on going in at James Kipp off of 191. Does that sound like a bad idea to you? We aren't planning on going back and forth everyday just going up once and then beaching and camping up river. Just figured that one would be easy to get to with camper and boat. Just a little farther to get to where we wanna hunt but like said not going back and forth. Open to other ideas as we have never been to this area. thanks

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 92
  • This month: 91
  • This month: 83
  • This month: 78
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 72
  • This month: 71
  • This month: 67
  • This month: 60