My new partner

k9guy82

Founding Member
Founding Member
I finally got my German Shorthair about 2 weeks ago. His name is Darce (its a Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Choke) and he fits right into our family. Obedience training is going really good and he is picking up a lot faster than I thought he would at his age...Sit, stay, come......He already has an interest in birds. Put him on scent for a pheasant wing and he found it no problem. He also finds dead birds on walks with me..LOL thank you to Rooster Up kennels for this awesome dude!
image2.jpg

image1.jpg

Tommyboy

Founding Member
Founding Member
Get him around guns and shooting asap. This is me speaking from experience. I now own a gun shy dog...

nxtgeneration

Founding Member
Founding Member
Awesome! Enjoy your new little friend. Hope you can keep up to the energetic little bastard. Sometimes I wonder how my pup can have so much energy.

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
And I'm not trying to be a smartass. Just please, don't decide to bring the pup to the shooting range or something one day. Recipe for disaster.

Otherwise, cute pup! Hook up with the NAVHDA chapter in Bismarck. They'll help you train your own versatile dog. It's an awesome experience.

Ericb

Founding Member
Founding Member
Awesome congratulations!!! looks just like my GSP who is 2 now.

When I bought my puppy they suggested banging pots and pans together to avoid being gun shy. Do this every time the wife asks you to do the dishes and you'll have a good dog and free time to play with him.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
Awesome congratulations!!! looks just like my GSP who is 2 now.

When I bought my puppy they suggested banging pots and pans together to avoid being gun shy. Do this every time the wife asks you to do the dishes and you'll have a good dog and free time to play with him.

haha. I was told similar as well as the cupboard doors. My wife does a good job at that regardless so I figured we'd be good with the dog. I was surprised at how well mine took the first shotgun blast of her life.

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
haha. I was told similar as well as the cupboard doors. My wife does a good job at that regardless so I figured we'd be good with the dog. I was surprised at how well mine took the first shotgun blast of her life.

I did a lot of door slamming around my dog as a puppy. The real trial was the first Independence Day. She was 7 months old at the time and was at first alarmed by the fireworks but then saw he kids clapping and getting excited so she got excited. Been wonderful ever since.

Awesome dog, K9!!

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
Nice Shorthair!!!!!!

the whole gun shy thing is overdone -mine was born in mid august - in the field hunting on pheasant opener -- even at that age - they outdo physcially most dogs as far as miles and range.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 100
  • This month: 99
  • This month: 90
  • This month: 78
  • This month: 78
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 67
  • This month: 62