Sign

Yoby

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wondering what is being seen for sign right now. Went out for a bit, I have a community licking branch that looks like it it just starting to get some attention. Didn't see any acorns on the ground at my place yet.

Any rubs, scrapes, ect showing up?

ndbwhunter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Here come the "it's gonna be an early rut" posts....haven't seen anything significant yet. Just the young ones pretending to be big. Acorns have started dropping at a few of my spots. Unfortunately for me, those spots are nearly inaccessible :(

Yoby

Founding Member
Founding Member
Here I thought I was asking about the deer behavior. Rut is going to be Mid Nov like every year.

From what I can tell, the bachelor groups haven't broken up, at my place the oaks aren't dropping (yet, frost might have changed that) and haven't seen where bucks have been rubbing. 2 years ago rubs were starting to pop up. Not sure if it is a habit when the velvet is coming off or not.

ShootnBlanks

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've got some acorns dropping. From what I have seen the Bachelor groups are starting to split. Already have seen patterns change on the cameras and no rubs yet

Kickemup

Founding Member
Founding Member
I haven't seen much change all the big bucks have stripped but I have a couple smaller one that still have velvet as of 2 days ago.

Yoby

Founding Member
Founding Member
Was able to get out and try to fill one of my doe tags tonight. Sat along the Red in Fargo. In this area, there are a decent amount of oaks. Saw very little acorns on the ground, but could hear them dropping. Had a decent 4x4 come by and stand broadside at 10 yards.

Last edited:

Yoby

Founding Member
Founding Member
Had a buddy tell me he had a buck show up that disappeared for 2 months. Also took a drive and there is a significant change in the soybeans. Alot of leaves are dropping.

Yoby

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was able to take a detour on the way home on Sunday and found a soybean field that was coming off. Last night I saw a doe running along the interstate around 7 and fount on the other side of the tree row she came out of was a soybean field was being worked. This morning, I had to run up to Grand Forks and back and there were half dozen field coming off.

Also talking with several other people, it seems like they are starting to see a decent amount of activity. No word of rubs or scrapes though.

SupressYourself

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yep:
rub1.jpg
-

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 116