Matthews chill R

CAH

Founding Member
Founding Member
Looking at buying one, pros and cons would be great. I know it's all personal preference and to just get what I like but just wondering if you guys have any opinions to help me make a decision. Thanks

H82bogey

Founding Member
Founding Member
Never shot one, but you are correct in that you really should try a few different models to find what you like. I was a bowtech guy for years, then I shot an Elite, my world changed. Not that there is anything wrong with the other brands, they are all good, just happened to have exactly what I want in a bow.

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well I've shot pretty much every make over the years, one of my last being an Elite "great shooting bow".
But right now I am shooting a Chill R with the 85% let off rock mods and I really really like it for a hunting bow.
From the smooth draw to the rock solid back wall you would never think you're shooting a low brace height speed bow.
It is a little torque sensitive so watch your grip and your level, doubt I'd win any awards shooting spots but its one heck of a hunting bow!
Bought mine brand new off a classifieds ad for under $500, can't beat that either! :;:rockit

Chill R.jpg
And all set up.
004.jpg

Last edited:

Buckmaster81

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have never been a Mathews a "guy" as I have always felt you were paying more for the name than anything else. I was in Scheels last Friday and decided to try the Mathews Halon 6 and all I can say is WOW! Absolutely smooth draw cycle, really solid backwall, very quiet, and fast. I wouldn't hesitate to buy the Halon, I know that doesn't help on the Chill-R LOL

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 153
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 91
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 79