Mille lacs BASS Angler of the year

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wags,entirely different world Bass vs Walleye, I fished the walleye tour for years since 1992,today walleye guyz have few sponors,once Walmart and the nat'l guard dropped off cabelas is the last good sponsor,bass has the strong following from the southern states,10x more sponsors than the walleye guyz ever had.Small purses for walleye events has a lot of the once big names fall to the wayside,to me it's almost like walleye league fishing make it in the top 10 and ya get a few bucks,the few friends I have that still run the walleye tour are hangin in there mostly for their sponsors,they like having new rigs every year and I don't blame them,most of these guyz are pretty well off and fishing is just a side gig that offers them some fun even tho its a lot of work and time consuming figuring out patterns in different regions.

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
I will ever understand WHY bass fishing is so popular.

Because they are the primary fish in most states, and you fish for what you have available. We fish walleye because its our primary species. In the mountains trout are king. Everywhere else is Bass. They are also more exciting and make for better television. A bunch of guys trolling around skipping walleye across the surface doesn't make for very good TV.

I fish for everything and probably fish for walleye more than anything because of its availability around here. But there is absolutely no denying that bass and salmonid species present more exciting strikes and fights.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wags,entirely different world Bass vs Walleye, I fished the walleye tour for years since 1992,today walleye guyz have few sponors,once Walmart and the nat'l guard dropped off cabelas is the last good sponsor,bass has the strong following from the southern states,10x more sponsors than the walleye guyz ever had.Small purses for walleye events has a lot of the once big names fall to the wayside,to me it's almost like walleye league fishing make it in the top 10 and ya get a few bucks,the few friends I have that still run the walleye tour are hangin in there mostly for their sponsors,they like having new rigs every year and I don't blame them,most of these guyz are pretty well off and fishing is just a side gig that offers them some fun even tho its a lot of work and time consuming figuring out patterns in different regions.

Maybe if y'all stopped the trolling, nets and bait...:)

- - - Updated - - -

B knows damn right.

deleted_account

Founding Member
Founding Member
current leader has 5 fish for 27-12 lbs. Thats an impressive weight

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thanks Sierra. Been bouncing back and forth in my head about the predominant species. I know I could easily look it up but enjoy chatting on here.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
MM.

No one wants to watch gay sasquatch sex on a boat.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe if y'all stopped the trolling, nets and bait...:)

- - - Updated - - -

B knows damn right.

In FACT; if these practices were banned the effing intrigue would skyrocket even as the overall bag weights declined. Net-less landing of walleye is in fact safer than black bass. This could be a damn gold mine. Talk about reading conditions!

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Brother moved to NC they have never seen trolling. So he showed them. They destroyed the bass and crappies and his buddies had an epic fish fry. I like to eat fish how i catch them is of little concern as long as i catch them

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Hence no trolling in bass tournaments. Buck Perry didn't just have walleye in mind. The need to fill a cooler with meat is a different animal; it's whatever works. Fly fishing can often produce better results than conventional tackle BTW.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 104
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75