Striker ice clothing

Hookin8easy

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've had the jacket for 2 years and love it, used to have the Arctic shield before and feel the striker is holding up much better and lighter in weight

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think they float too if Im not mistaken which is another selling point.

powerman

Founding Member
Founding Member
I picked up the set from Dakota tackle last year. They had a really good sale on them. Yes the stuff is suppose to float and it has been plenty warm(climate series). The bibs have some cool options on them, adjustable cuffs and small towels on the thigh pockets.

SlickTrick125

Founding Member
Founding Member
I bought the Striker Ice climate bibs last winter on sale. I wish I wasn't such a cheap skate and had bought the matching coat right away as well. They are super warm and keep me dry whilst setting tip ups and taking mid day naps after too many breakfast beers.

Sub_Elect

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a set of bibs AND the jacket. Works very well. I have worn it up in Winnipeg on long 4 wheeler rides and it has been very good. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the stuff!

huffranger

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a set of bibs AND the jacket. Works very well. I have worn it up in Winnipeg on long 4 wheeler rides and it has been very good. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the stuff!

Cuddling with Winbauer is a good way to conserve heat also...

Auggie

Founding Member
Founding Member
I bougot a striker ice suit last year. I've had 2 blue suits (clam) over the past 12 years. The striker ice just seems better built with some very thoughtful accessories. I like my blue suit, but if you're paying the same price, get the striker ice.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Big coats are overkill for active ice fishermen. I am guessing most of you mobile ice types have favorite layering systems for the upper portion and that's why you passed on the jackets. And I agree - a good set of bibs make a big, warm, semi-bulky unnecessary and even uncomfortable IMO.

Except for Winnipeg in early March when it's -20F every time I have gone. :mad:

revolutionz

★★★ Legendary Member
I have the Striker climate series. They are warm as shit, which is good when I'm just sitting my ass in the popup all day. If I'm moving around a bunch, I usually just take the inner coat out of the jacket and wear just the shell for a bit of insulation but mostly wind blocking. The bibs I didn't mess with too much, except at the end of the season when it was closer to the 30's on the ice, I took the liner out of the bibs so I had the waterproof and wind protection. I have to send my jacket in for warranty here soon (been putting it off all summer....) so we'll see how they handle that...had a couple seams come apart, but other than that the suit worked good, and I like it better than the vexilar suit I had previously.

RustyTackleBox

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have the climate jacket and bibs... love them... usually so warm i have to open up some zippers to let the heat out... imo they are worth it (lost 100 lbs in the last year so I get cold fast)

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
I can buy 2 complete sets of insulated Carharts for the price of one complete set of these. More expensive does not necessarily mean better. IMO, my Carharts are more durable than these and I can wear them goose/deer/coyote hunting as well due to the much quieter material and neutral color. I'm going on 5 years with my current Carharts and they are still water repellant and warm. Good Luck!!

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
I can buy 2 complete sets of insulated Carharts for the price of one complete set of these. More expensive does not necessarily mean better. IMO, my Carharts are more durable than these and I can wear them goose/deer/coyote hunting as well due to the much quieter material and neutral color. I'm going on 5 years with my current Carharts and they are still water repellant and warm. Good Luck!!

Plus if you got a beanie(fuzz ball on the top) with your favorite Canadian hockey team on it and a box of Molsen you'd fit right in with the canucks at Lake Winnipeg.;)

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member

they make them in carhart color now. But in all seriousness, why I side with an actual pair of ice bibs vs. carharts, is the waterproof nature of ice fishing bibs. I hear you on the ridiculous price though.

Holmsvc

Founding Member
Founding Member

I spend a lot of time on the ice, it's well worth the price to have something wind proof and water proof.

RustyTackleBox

Founding Member
Founding Member
I agree KDM on duability carharts are tougher... but those are designed to work in and most likely keep moving, I own both and if it is -30 and I'm going ice fishing I'm going for warmth not duability... plus every pair of carharts i have are not good once wet and the strikers it has not mattered yet... like I said in the last post they are usually so warm I have to open up zippers or adjust my layers to keep from sweating... imo its like using a 2" pipe as a baseball bat instead of a baseball bat just because the pipe will kind of sort of do the same thing... TBH if you are fishing in an ice castle ($15-30K mind you) you don't need better cover alls

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just sayin a guy doesn't need to spend a ton of cash to stay warm and dry. I spend most of the winter outside ice fishing, trapping, and snaring coyotes and I highly doubt this striker suit, ice armor, or any of these premium outdoor wear suits would stand up to what I put my Carharts though and they are still keeping me comfortable, dry, and warm after 5 years. That's all. Sprayed the legs of my Carharts with silicone spray and they became waterproof insomuch as I don't get wet kneeling on the ice catching fish or setting snares all day. I don't have the 500 clams to spend on something I use for only one thing. Even if I did I would still probably buy something that I can wear chopping wood, working on the car, crossing barbwire fences, walking through shelter belts, setting snares, snowblowing, etc, etc, etc. My stuff has to multitask to cover as many situations as possible.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 134
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 107
  • This month: 106
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 75