Early Fall Sucker Fishing for Musky (video)

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm pleased no one is confused about my hook question although I felt the urge to freak flag my Nean Delson.

- - - Updated - - -

Potty mouth

And gay music. I meant "gay" as perverted homosexual activity not joyous and gleeful.

Last edited:

MuskyManiac

Founding Member
Founding Member
Cool video Mushky, it would nice to put one of those 50 inchers on dah wall.

If I get a state record it will go on the wall, otherwise I'm waiting for a 53" to do a replica.

Potty mouth

I know, I need to be more aware when I have the camera going.

I'm pleased no one is confused about my hook question although I felt the urge to freak flag my Nean Delson.

And gay music. I meant "gay" as perverted homosexual activity not joyous and gleeful.

That's funny, svnmag, I just used some music I found on Youtube. Even these short videos take a while to edit, and after a while I'm just ready to be done as it gives me a headache.

MuskyManiac

Founding Member
Founding Member
Isn't live bait cheating? #$%^&>

It's not automatic by any means, but definitely more relaxing than casting all day. It's nice when its below freezing as your rod and reel don't get iced up near as much. Last weekend I used a couple suckers with the kids and wife, but the only musky came from casting.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
OK, I gots to know...Were you using hooks or not?...

MuskyManiac

Founding Member
Founding Member
OK, I gots to know...Were you using hooks or not?...

Of course. Thorne Bros quick strike rig. A nose clip on the sucker with a couple of bent hooks that go just under the suckers skin. When you set the hook everything pulls out of the sucker and hopefully into the musky.

sneakysuckarig.jpg

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
there's a chance I'll be chasing musky next weekend with a friend. Wife wants to tailgate with her sister and niece and nephew. Not the tailgating I'm used to.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
You do know the hooks may be considered superfluous with this tech?...Especially when the "fight" consists of tooling over top of the fish and a lift into the net?...

MuskyManiac

Founding Member
Founding Member
You do know the hooks may be considered superfluous with this tech?...Especially when the "fight" consists of tooling over top of the fish and a lift into the net?...

Yes. The first fish video would have never held on without hooks. The second fish you might not have needed them, but it would be hard to do by yourself without hooks.....you need to net very quickly.

Larry Dahlberg was on Detroit Lakes with Jerry Sondag filming a show a couple years ago and used his modified sucker harness, but ended up catching a couple fish without the hook every being in the musky.

- - - Updated - - -

there's a chance I'll be chasing musky next weekend with a friend. Wife wants to tailgate with her sister and niece and nephew. Not the tailgating I'm used to.

Where might you be going, Dirty?

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yep, that's the ticket!! Exactly where I received my superior knowledge. Good show sir. Big fan of LB!!

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 156
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 91
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 79