Bowfishing

Max

Founding Member
Founding Member
Has anybody had any luck bowfishing Missouri river, New Johns, and Lake Tschida this late in the season? I've been out bowfishing the Missouri river few times this summer and haven't had much luck like I did last year.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
You could probably do well on Audubon. 3 Mile Corner to be specific.

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Never tried but that has more to do with I've never come across a situation where i have seen a situation where I saw some to get me pumped to go after them. The carp tend to go deep and get very inactive as the water cools thus why they rarely get caught ice fishing. Your best bet would be up shallow on a sunny day where it warms the water especially in places like the marshy area around Hazelton. But your truly best bet if the water is clear enough is up on nelson lake.

sierra1995

Founding Member
Founding Member
Never tried but that has more to do with I've never come across a situation where i have seen a situation where I saw some to get me pumped to go after them. The carp tend to go deep and get very inactive as the water cools thus why they rarely get caught ice fishing. Your best bet would be up shallow on a sunny day where it warms the water especially in places like the marshy area around Hazelton. But your truly best bet if the water is clear enough is up on nelson lake.

There is carp in nelson?

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
There are a ton of carp in nelson. If you go back into the shallows on the north west side they can be down right thick.

etoskunc

We have been shooting on the streams running into the Missiouri. It has been good for the last six weeks. I thought that when the river got as high as it is now the fish would be spread so thin in the bottoms they would be hard to find. Yesterday was the best day I have ever had on the water. We were out just a short time in the morning and filled the barrel. We have just been going upstream until we find clear water in the fields and have found fish in about every field off of the river. We have not been fishing the big bottom fields but the small fields along the streams going into the Missioui. The river has these small streams backed up and they are more like a lake than a river. Watch out for low power lines and bridges. The biggest challange is that all the ramps are under water. I would stay off of the Missioui River as they don't need boat wakes with the water as high as it is. We fish the streams in and just East of K. C. MO. The stream we have fished the most is the Sni Bar at Wellington. Just run up river south of the 24 hyway bridge and fish the small fields off either side. Lots of grass carp, silvers and buffs. Hope this helps and good luck.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 102
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 75