Wet opener---who is taking the rain on?

Mort

Founding Member
Founding Member
Which crazies in this bunch gonna tackle mother nature this weekend for waterfowl opener?

I won't be...but later in the year I'll prolly be at it.....

and..go...:;:smokin

Last edited:

Hornhunter

Banned
Banned
Game on. Got bout 300 honks using same slough all week. 4 of us are gonna say hello Saturday morning when the sun comes up from the cattails.

Lou63

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sons birthday is Saturday and he is wanting to go. will try it and see what happens

dblkluk

★★★ Legendary Member
Game on. Got bout 300 honks using same slough all week. 4 of us are gonna say hello Saturday morning when the sun comes up from the cattails.

Please PM me to let me know where you are hunting and So I can avoid setting up my field spread for the same birds that will be sent 3 counties away

Last edited:

wildeyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Rain and Wind prefect for still hunting whitetails Love the S**T nothing like sneaking up to a deer and they have no clue you are there. Game On

Hornhunter

Banned
Banned
Please PM me to let me know where you are hunting and So I can avoid setting up my field spread for the same birds that will be sent 3 counties away
what makes u think ur hunting the same birds as me? Pretty sure I didn't give u permission.

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
"your" birds must not fly huh?
So not to point out the obvious but the way he worded his response to your post implies he either owns the ground or at the very least controls it and that it's posted! If so his plan is good for you by your line of thinking since he will move them off said posted land and possibly into an area where other groups can access them.. hell possibly even yours.

All that said and maybe your different but that's the way I and everyone of my generation I know started hunting ducks so I for one won't look down on someone who wants to do it even if they are not kids anymore. Last thing we need to do as hunters is divide and conquer ourselves doing PTETA's job for them! As for the OP's question I will riding the pine this weekend.

dblkluk

★★★ Legendary Member
So not to point out the obvious but the way he worded his response to your post implies he either owns the ground or at the very least controls it and that it's posted! If so his plan is good for you by your line of thinking since he will move them off said posted land and possibly into an area where other groups can access them.. hell possibly even yours.

All that said and maybe your different but that's the way I and everyone of my generation I know started hunting ducks so I for one won't look down on someone who wants to do it even if they are not kids anymore. Last thing we need to do as hunters is divide and conquer ourselves doing PTETA's job for them! As for the OP's question I will riding the pine this weekend.

Dont think too much into it.. I was calling him a roost buster.

Hornhunter

Banned
Banned
I got a bad rep for my comment on this thread. No free speech anymore.

- - - Updated - - -

And to the one who sent it to me, keep guessing.

Trip McNeely

Founding Member
Founding Member
were going straight outta h.s. style tomorrow. i dont have the time and energy to fight a bunch of avian x wanna be"s for fields anymore. i remember the joy pouncing on an unsuspecting group of teal brought back then. im to a point in life where i just want to enjoy lifes simple pleasures again. if u dont want your roost busted hunt off a refuge

Hornhunter

Banned
Banned
were going straight outta h.s. style tomorrow. i dont have the time and energy to fight a bunch of avian x wanna be"s for fields anymore. i remember the joy pouncing on an unsuspecting group of teal brought back then. im to a point in life where i just want to enjoy lifes simple pleasures again. if u dont want your roost busted hunt off a refuge
Well said good sir!

fnznfwl

Founding Member
Founding Member

I've often wondered if the guys who jump shoot sloughs to say they killed some ducks or geese on opening weekend, before they then go back to deer hunting, would think its ok if I took my bow and went stomping through the bedding area of the deer they are sitting in a stand waiting for. I mean its if its legal, I should be able to do it right?

Hornhunter

Banned
Banned
I've often wondered if the guys who jump shoot sloughs to say they killed some ducks or geese on opening weekend, before they then go back to deer hunting, would think its ok if I took my bow and went stomping through the bedding area of the deer they are sitting in a stand waiting for. I mean its if its legal, I should be able to do it right?
yep, giver hell!

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member

yep - that's why they do it - to say they killed some ducks and geese on opening weekend

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
When it opens here i will have my kid sitting by the slew with robo duck and decoys out and dogs will love getting them. Seeing ducks splash down has always made me smile. I got damn good at water hunting when all i had was a dozen cheap ass floaters and one robo duck it still works got that in 1999

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
man have I had a belly full of everyone telling everyone else the right/wrong way to hunt, drink, eat, speak, drive, dress, breath....

good grief

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 91
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 86