Vortex

Gus

Founding Member
Founding Member
Looking at a set of 10X42's. Is the glass in the razors $700 better than the vipers?

GSM

Founding Member
Founding Member
;:;popcorn. Get ready to try and be talked into saving a bit more and buying swaro optics!!

The best thing for your question is to set them up side by side and look through and see if you can justify the difference, if you can spend the money, if not go with the viper

Last edited:

gonefshn

Founding Member
Founding Member
If you really want to see how good the glass and coatings of the company are check them out in the evening or in low light conditions. That's where the best blow away the rest. Any bino or scope can look pretty good or "almost" as good as the best in good light. It's low light that demonstrates why one set costs more than the other.

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have the Razors. I don't think my old eyes can see good enough to justify Leica, Ziess, or Swarovski. With glasses I notice I get a better field of view with the larger ocular in the Razors as compared to the Vipers.

labhunter66

Founding Member
Founding Member
You can pick up a pair of Leica Trinovid 10x42HD binoculars from CameralandNY for less than the Vortex. I thought they were better when I looked through both and went with the Leica. Just another option if you were even considering Leica, Zeiss, or Swarovski.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 134
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 107
  • This month: 106
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 75