Alaska Drop Camp Moose Hunt

Buckmaster

Founding Member
Founding Member
Our alaskan moose hunt was an epic adventure. we had a 11 day drop camp hunt on the south side of the yukon river. We Went through Renfro Alaskan Adventures out of Bethel. The area we were hunting was very flat and swampy with alders and almost no trees. We flew in on a float plane and were dropped off with our gear and food. We rented their tents and camping equipment and also had them provide food. The outfitter fee was $6500, if we wouldnt have used their food and camping equipment it would have been $5500. If we would go again some day I would ship a bigger tent up there to use. The tents were sufficient but they were domed tents so not a lot of extra room with 2 people and cots also i am tall so no standing up in there either. We were delayed one day getting in because of 60+ mph winds and rain making visibility poor, but after we were in camp the weather was fine, with rain showers every day but sunny on and off. Overall we saw around 10 bulls the smallest being around 40" the biggest in the mid 60" range. We Hunted for 6 days to kill 3 bulls, looking back we could have bow hunted a little harder instead of ditching the bow for the rifle but at the time we didn't know how everything would play out. We didnt have a tape measure with but our 3 bulls were approximately 45",55",55". After it was done we could have killed all 3 bulls in the 50" range but we got a little excited about getting the first one on the ground. We knew how big he was but with 2 more tags and 6 more days to hunt it was good to get one down too see how fun they are to pack out. I would love to go again some day and would recomend them for a drop camp style hunt
Here are pics of my bull
image1.jpg
image4.jpg
image2.jpg

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
WOW!! Nice Bull!! Sounds like lots of fun and LOTS of work. Congratulations!!

MarbleEyez

Founding Member
Founding Member
That's awesome!

What outfitter did you use and what was the total cost of the adventure? Been thinking about doing this at some point in the next 3yrs!

Buckmaster

Founding Member
Founding Member
We went with Renfros Alaskan Adventures. I would recomend them again. All said and done flights hotels food,Sat phone, licenses and shipping some meat and the antlers and cape back about $11000. Not cheap but looking at guided ones at $20,000 plus its not terrible
That's awesome!

What outfitter did you use and what was the total cost of the adventure? Been thinking about doing this at some point in the next 3yrs!

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 102
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 74