Good winter tire for 2500 Duramax

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wanting to know what you guys recommend for a good winter tire for snow and ice for a 2500 Duramax so needs to be a 10 ply. Don't do much off road (prairie road) driving anymore and most is on Highway and in town. Have a set to run in the summer so need info for winter tires.
Want something that is going to last and still has good traction and wears well.

martinslanding

Founding Member
Founding Member
BFGoodrich Tires - All-Terrain T/A KO2
51ORcseM5JL._SY300_.jpg

Callem'In

Founding Member
Founding Member
I run Nokian hakkapeliitta lt2 snow tires on my F-250. You can not beat a "snow tire". I also have a set of Hankook I-pikes RW11 on my wife's wrangler. We normally get 5 seasons on our snow tires (if kept inside out of the sun during the off season). Nokian are the original creator of "snow tires" and also make most snow tires for other brands. In my opinon, they make the best snow tire. All Terrains suck on ice.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
BFGoodrich Tires - All-Terrain T/A KO2
d458a71dd3b06796d7bb851cf27f1e28.jpg

This. Run them on my '11 F250 for a fall/winter tire after also using: Goodyear Duratrac (they suck on heavy trucks, way soft/sloppy sidewalls). Nitto Trail Grappler (they suck on packed snow/ice). Hankook MT03 2 of the 4 couldn't be balanced well enough to put on the front after ~15k Mi.

muskelllunge13

Founding Member
Founding Member
I run Nokian hakkapeliitta lt2 snow tires on my F-250. You can not beat a "snow tire". I also have a set of Hankook I-pikes RW11 on my wife's wrangler. We normally get 5 seasons on our snow tires (if kept inside out of the sun during the off season). Nokian are the original creator of "snow tires" and also make most snow tires for other brands. In my opinon, they make the best snow tire. All Terrains suck on ice.
I run the same..

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I've been running Goodyear Duratrac's on my 1 ton van and F-350. The van weighs 8,000 and the F-350 is right at 10,000 I run them in mud, snow, slush and on ice. I very happy with them and will buy ore when they wear out.

ShootnBlanks

Founding Member
Founding Member
I run Goodyear Duratrac on my 06 Sierra 2500. I like them. No complaints at all. I run everything from hwy to gravel, I tow a 5th wheel camper and boat, and also can say tire noise isn't bad either.

- - - Updated - - -

I should add that I run them year round, never had an issue in the winter and preferred them over my last set ( Dueler Revo2's)

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Another vote here for the Hankook Dynapro. Damn good tire, but I'm only on my third set.

Wild and Free

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have run the Hankook Dynapro ATM as well and they have been awesome tires for me overall but recently have switched over and am, on my second set of tires from Treadwright, their Warden tires and have been really impressed which is why I just bought a second set from them, can't beat the price. both sets were 560 bucks to my door for 17" E rated.
https://www.treadwright.com/collections/at-tires

Fisherman25

Founding Member
Founding Member
Dynapro's are good tires. Our fleet runs a lot of Cooper Discover AT3's. That also what I run on my trucks and the wife's Yukon. They have great traction with low road noise and I've never had an issue with them wearing bad due to heavy loads. Plus they're priced good and have a rebate right now.

bigbrad123

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've ran BF Goodrich T/A's, Cooper AT3's, Bridgestone Dueler Revo's, and Hankook Dynapro. I liked the AT3's, but I really like the Hankook's. That's what I currently have on and would easily buy them again. Good traction, low road noise, nice handling, etc.

Muzzytipped

Founding Member
Founding Member

[h=2]Sturdy and durable[/h]A all season tire that offers optimal performance with no compromises in terms of safety and driving comfort

The Nokian Rotiiva AT (All Terrain) all season tire works excellently on asphalt, but it can also be used for light off-road driving. It offers good durability even on heavier vehicles.

• OFFERS STABILITY AND PERFORMANCE ON ROADS AS WELL AS OFF-ROAD
  • AGGRESSIVE TREAD PATTERN ENSURES EXCELLENT HANDLING
  • STURDY STRUCTURE, WITH CUT-RESISTANT TREAD

showflakesymbol_opt.png
OFFICIALLY APPROVED FOR WINTER USE
Nokian_Rotiiva_AT.png

[h=2]Excellent handling[/h]The stabilisers on the centre rib stiffen the tire, ensuring excellent driving stability and quick response to steering.
Read more

Callem'In

Founding Member
Founding Member
I run the Dynapro ATMs on my F-250 Spring, Summer, and Fall. Best All Terrain I have had or sold in my opinion. I have sold many brands of tires (I operate a very busy auto repair shop in Fargo) and tried a lot of all terrains on my own vehicles, but if you are switching to a winter tire and rim combo, get a "Snow tire" and not an All Terrain.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
general_GrabberAT2_lg_super.jpg

General Grabber AT2 better than the Duratrac or Cooper AT3
Tires come ready to be studded for winter and come in ten ply rating

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 160
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 126