best bowhunting gloves oct. to early nov.

tman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just wondering what everyone wears for gloves this time of year.I Always have trouble keeping hands warm. I have a pair of gerbing heated gloves for late late season but they are a little to warm for this time of year. After sitting in the tree stand in the wind the past couple nights the finger have gotten a little bit cold. Let's hear what everyone wears for 15 degrees to 45 degrees

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don't bow hunt but this will be good. Get a pair of tight pilot Nomex and keep chemical warmers available.

th

My "go to".

- - - Updated - - -

th

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
I use one of them pouches with a couple hand warmers in there. Then whatever thin gloves you want.

Kickemup

Founding Member
Founding Member
Most of the time I'll just keep my hands in my jacket pockets that early in the year.

H82bogey

Founding Member
Founding Member
I use the mid weight hot shots gloves. They are thin enough to still shoot the bow, but keep your hands warms. And also do what DM does. have the waist pouch with some hand warmers. I never wear a heavyweight glove, those hand warmers work wonders.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Manzella Bow Ranger.

Simms ExStream.

bigbrad123

Founding Member
Founding Member
I use one of them pouches with a couple hand warmers in there. Then whatever thin gloves you want.

x2. I do have a thin pair of gloves I will wear on the way to the stand, but using a pouch/handwarmer that you wrap around your waist with handwarmers is what I've found to be the best.

Bri-guy

Founding Member
Founding Member
I just keep hand warmers in my pockets. I don't like to wear gloves in late in the year and I think it screws with the feel of the shot. I don't practice with gloves on, so I don't want to take a shot at a big buck with them on either. And yes, I go through a shitload of hand warmers if I'm hunting into late November or December! I put them in my jacket pockets, in a hand pouch (later in the year) and even put them in my front pants pockets to help keep my core warm.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
I wear nomex flight gloves and cut the finger tip off the glove for my release hand in moderate temps (25+). If it gets real cold I then wear the fold away glove/mitten combo things where your finger tips are exposed when they're open and covered by a mitten type deal when closed. I always practice to make sure my pins are still on and my follow throughs are solid when I add thicker gloves. Shot the fold over glove right the F off my release hand when it flipped back over and I didn't notice it. NOT COOL and scared the crap outta me. Jerked my whole arm foreword and I thought I broke either my wrist/bow or both.

ShootnBlanks

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have Manzella gloves . No complaints. I like they aren't too thick and provide good grip

muzzyhunter

Founding Member
Founding Member
I prefer to wear jersey gloves through most of the bow season, when it gets colder use them with a muff and when even colder put a pair of handwarmers in them, bow is usually across my lap or hanging within reach when on the stand.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
When I find good gloves I buy 3 pair. They f up the design or the company's gone in a year or two when I need more.

BGH

Founding Member
Founding Member
Clam ice fishing gloves. Better price, typically waterproof as well.

Lungdeflator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I use the hand muff with a pair of stretchy spandex type gloves when it is below freezing, just enough to take the coldness of the metal away when gripping the bow. No gloves above freezing.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 116
  • This month: 107
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 91
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 73
  • This month: 69