Winchester rifle accuracy?

FishReaper

Founding Member
Founding Member
Somebody has to be that guy, might as well be me. Stock rifle Accuracy= Savage Arms Co.
Haven't put any lead downrange from a newer Winchester so not sure on them
Wags Im with you. New remingtons are lacking

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
from what i have seen if looking factory tika deserves a good hard look. With factory rifles it is kind of luck of the draw and what you would consider as accurate another guy might not

sweeney

Founding Member
Founding Member
Much better than the junk Remington puts out these days.

I bought a brand new remington one of the black synthetic cheapies in 243 figured good truck gun POS, i can pull the bolt straight back and it comes out of the gun. Going to send it back to remington.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Pard bought a SC/BACO production SS/Syn 270 Win in '10. It was a pretty low drama affair to get it to shoot ~MOA out to 400 with essentially the same handloads I shoot through my New Haven production Fwt. He used it successfully on a cow elk during the 1st yr of the TR Park cull and a caribou in AK the following fall. I like the old trigger better than the new production models, but, the new production models have a more consistent "feel" to clicking the safety between positions.

- - - Updated - - -

I bought a brand new remington one of the black synthetic cheapies in 243 figured good truck gun POS, i can pull the bolt straight back and it comes out of the gun. Going to send it back to remington.

That's about a 5min cleaning job. Get it out of the stock and clean up the linkage that runs from the release button in front of the trigger as well as the slot in the action it resides within. Q-Tip, solvent, done.

Kentucky Windage

Founding Member
Founding Member

Drifting the rear trigger pin out will allow you to drop out the bolt stop so you can clean it up. Be careful not to lose the spring. It has tension on it and it will fly out if you are not careful. Easy fix though.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 113
  • This month: 104
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 83
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 73
  • This month: 69