National Walleye Tour(NWT) Coming to Garrison!

Honored Member
Any details on where they are basing it out of and the boundaries?

Tillerman2095

Founding Member
Founding Member
It says Garrison, and there are no boundaries for NWT events. If you want to fork out the big bucks I'm sure there wont be any issue getting in as a Pro. If you look back at past results these tournaments usually never fill up.

Last edited:

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have always wanted to sign up as a co-angler on one of these. If you sign up as a Pro, let me know.:D

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wow, I'm impressed that they're coming here. Like you said, that water is pretty dang cold in May yet.

remm

Founding Member
Founding Member
Can probably find warmer water if someone digs a trench around the dam so they can head south.

Tillerman2095

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm sure a lot of guys if the weather works out will head up the river towards New Town. What I've heard from some of the old timers; last time they held a P.W.T. event on the lake most of the field went up towards Van Hook and Deepwater. But ya the bite might be tough & if we have a hard winter with really cold temps the ice could very well still be present.

I'd like to add. The N.W.T. says in a video clip earlier in the season that they prides themselves on putting on events during prime times on prime locations when the fish could be the most catchable. Well we do know here in North Dakota how tough the early part of May can be. I'm not saying fish aren't catchable its that there is a lot of spawning going on. Saugers might be the fish to target; they can be a good fish to chase during the walleye spawn. Its just to bad the Saugers haven't quite re covered from the low water years. Their there just not as abundant.

Last edited:

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm sure a lot of guys if the weather works out will head up the river towards New Town. What I've heard from some of the old timers; last time they held a P.W.T. event on the lake most of the field went up towards Van Hook and Deepwater. But ya the bite might be tough & if we have a hard winter with really cold temps the ice could very well still be present.

If it is a spring like 2013, those boys will need their ice gear. Ha ha.

Founding Member
Founding Member
Boy what a terrible time, why not june or july? Even late may...

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
They probably picked the date without knowing --- and you know our tourism dept -- they were probably all over it as yes yes yes. Yes the hotels are empty, campsites are not full, I think its a big mistake - but what comes around will go around and when they stop the thing due to to many icebergs and a west 40mph wind -- that will pretty much end it.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'll be pig whackin' the Sheyenne that time of year. Best of luck to the participants.

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Give them a challenge! Why make it easy and have the tourney in July. It doesn't make you a good fisherman by catching fish when the fish are biting, but rather when the bite is tough.

Hopefully they don't kill some spawning hawgs

Flatrock

Founding Member
Founding Member
Curious how much is it to get in?

I'm pretty sure in the past it has been $1,500 as a pro and $300 as a co-angler. If it was on the river, I'd be all over it as a co-angler. Not so sure on the big lake though. That time of year it isn't too often the wind is blowing less than 20 mph.

SerchforPerch

★★★ Legendary Member
I did the co-angler thing during the PWT championship one year while it was here in town.. Gotta say the experience was a blast and the angler I was with was great to talk to, but I really didn't learn all that much.. One thing that did surprise me though was how much these guys all depend on one another to do well in a tournament and was very evident that strong alliances needed to be built in order to do well in these tournaments..

AaronJ

Founding Member
Founding Member
Time to save my $1500. Too many tourneys on the docket next year with AIM, this one, Governors Cup, and my usual local tourneys... I need a second job and unlimited PTO.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 135
  • This month: 127
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 91
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 85
  • This month: 77