Does anyone care to explain to me...

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
what I'm doing wrong this fall? I'm not expecting fantastic fishing, but the Missouri River, in and around Bismarck/Mandan is TOUGH this fall. Again, I don't expect easy limits, but historically speaking, by this time of the fall, I've had some good fishing. I think I've waded 7 times, for an average of 3 hours each time, and have caught 3 fish this fall. Same place as always, same presentation, same times, etc. I know I know, gotta switch things up a bit.

But if everybody was catching fish but me, or if the river was as good as it typically is, I'd have to think differently. It just seems that there's no fish this far north...

Anyone?

Mort

Founding Member
Founding Member
We all converted over to fall hunting..at least I did..sorry I'm no help....lol....hope someone got an answer for ya....or maybe the fish know JayKay coming and they run away....lol...just kidding bro.....

Callem'In

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am in Fargo, So no help. I can tell you the big piggies are biting like mad on the Red by Lake Winnipeg!

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
Might just not be up here yet. I remember years back there was a slow Oct, when Nov rolled around it was excellente'.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
I believe Sum is correct. Seems to me you didn't start posting a lot of pics until Nov...holy hell where has the year gone?...

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
You just gotta grab them eyes by the pussy.....haha

It's bird season dude, winterize the boat and head to SD, birds everywhere down there. It's the pheasant capital destination

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Try casting shiver minnows. Did that for the first time the other day. Hadn't caught a fish all day. Two hours with shivers and had our limit. It was crazy.

BDub

Founding Member
Founding Member
The last two outings at Hazelton we've caught one walleye. Unbelievable. But I'm still hearing that some are doing well. Weird year.

huffranger

Founding Member
Founding Member
Small White bass
Smelt
Herring
Gizzard shad
Small Crappie
Yellow Perch
Baby Drum
Baby Carp

The river and upper Oahe are a smorgasbord this fall, reaction bite IE snap jigging and glide baits, maybe slabbing are my suggestion.

Fish are not having to try too hard to put on weight for the winter...

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
You're not catching anything because selfish A-holes kept too many of the piggies they caught this spring during spawn. And because you touch yourself.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Remember the Super Fluke PM?...

- - - Updated - - -

You're not catching anything because selfish A-holes kept too many of the piggies they caught this spring during spawn. And because you touch yourself.

Hee hee

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
I believe he ventures out far enough to his submerge his penis.

Last edited:

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
If you have the time, come on out to my place. Bring your equipment and I'll put you on eyes. They are hittin' and you won't have to wonder if you have a bite. Send me a PM and the rest is up to you.

Brian Renville

Founding Member
Founding Member
Everything seems late. Up here though it's tons of much needed water pushing down. As much as I love fall fishing the idea that bumper boats at the confluence is going to be held up or non existent makes me smile a bit. Giving the fish a break every few years won't hurt any of us.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
kid took an 8lb and a 9lb yesterday on the big lake pitching shivers. things are crazy

Ericb

Founding Member
Founding Member
Havnt been out in awhile, but driving across the river it looks pretty low. Might be causing your frustrations.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 91
  • This month: 90
  • This month: 81
  • This month: 77
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 71
  • This month: 71
  • This month: 67
  • This month: 59