Montana goat trip

jdinny

Founding Member
Founding Member
sorry fellas couldn't figure how to get pics in the thread so all the pics are in my album and to the Rt currently. trip went great. lots of goats. tru trophy quality lacked as the herd had a bad die off in 2012 and just wasn't many older bucks running around. the best goat was quickly grossed at just under 80" the others are all that 72-74" stuff. hunted an area with wide genetics apparently. was a blast. great weather. gpats were taking on both BMA and private land

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
jdinny bear hunting was good. We hunted six different mountain ranges in three days. Saw a sow with cubs in the Crazy Mountains. Shot a 20 year old female with no cubs. The biologist thought she may be to old to breed. He also said "big head for a girl". The cattleman (said he was not a rancher he was a cattleman) that leased the land had been watching the bear too. He helped us roll it down the mountain, skin it, and packed out with his 4x4 as soon as we could reach a legal trail. It was Saturday so he called the biologist so we could get the bear looked at and back to North Dakota in time to take my son back and fourth to dialysis while his wife was on a business trip. One heck of a nice guy.

jdinny

Founding Member
Founding Member
I do hunt mainly public land. But why not take advantages of connections eh? 2 nicest goats were taken off BMAs

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Every body has to have there thing and being the resident troll is good ol dish rags deal.

Nice goats. When I first saw the title I thought mountain goat in Mt.

jdinny

Founding Member
Founding Member
I suppose I shoulda specified speed goat my bad guys. Prairie Casper is shooting a bull elk at 617 yards in gardiner MT man enough for you?

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
Gardiner is kind of small. I didn't know you could get that kind of yardage in Gardiner. :D. I too was waiting to see some nice white goats with jet black spike horns. I'll look for the pics.

Edit: I don't understand the angst guys, I thought we had something in common hunting Montana and having fun. I'll post on a different thread.

Last edited:

jdinny

Founding Member
Founding Member
Gardiner is kind of small. I didn't know you could get that kind of yardage in Gardiner. :D. I too was waiting to see some nice white goats with jet black spike horns. I'll look for the pics.

Edit: I don't understand the angst guys, I thought we had something in common hunting Montana and having fun. I'll post on a different thread.

sure can! sorry to disappoint you with just an antelope thread. just trying to update a few people who have reached out to me and instead of PM them all i updated here.
i will never do this again as it seems someone has to hyjack everything.

anyone looking for info please feel free PM about location, BMA's details etc id be happy to help

lastly thank you whomever negative rep me for this. not only negative rep me but attack me personally in the photo, my outward appearance, how im holding, etc. real classy dude real classy. i just hope you seriously treat your wife and children much better than how you attacked me personally in that photograph.

Big J

Founding Member
Founding Member
Good work Dinny! I'll be out this weekend in MT. Send me some good goat vibes!!

jdinny

Founding Member
Founding Member
Good work Dinny! I'll be out this weekend in MT. Send me some good goat vibes!!

good luck man!!

- - - Updated - - -

Shit gets deep quick on this thread wow.

yeah i have a feeling it was someone who is well known from previous threads( migration posts of starting shit). either way pretty childish just trying to help a few guys out.

jdinny

Founding Member
Founding Member
pretty colorful language and all for a reputation comment. and no i do not believe it was prairie ghost so read between the lines fellas

- - - Updated - - -

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
sure can! sorry to disappoint you with just an antelope thread. just trying to update a few people who have reached out to me and instead of PM them all i updated here.
i will never do this again as it seems someone has to hyjack everything.

I'm not disappointed. Please don't give up. I enjoyed your post.

Edit: Someone may want you to think I jumped on you. Your right I didn't.

jdinny

Founding Member
Founding Member
Prairie ghost and I exchanged a couple quick jabs thats fine--all in good fun. the colorful reputation comment got me thinking, his use of grammar and poor spelling led me back to the spring snow migration thread and all the rep comments handed out there.....with a different screen name.

Tymurrey

Founding Member
Founding Member
I will have to pm you some questions about Montana hunting. Also does everything you have now stink like antelope. even wet dog smell hasn't covered up the stink goat smell in my pickup box. Everything that touched my goat still stinks like him.

If anyone has any questions on Wyoming area 67 I can help out too.

jdinny

Founding Member
Founding Member
yep my wife saw 4 of the heads in the garage as im doing all there euros ( the 5th is getting mounted) and she goes " great our house will smell like goat all year" haha yep its a unique smell but goes hand in hand with waking up on the prairie cook stove going ( we only used it one night) and the smell of sage. ive hunted them so many times as i was fortunate enough to have a very good friend from Wyoming invite me out there hell almost 15 years ago and have been doing it since then that im use to it. i can assure you my eberlestock back, cots, tent, etc which i unloaded on the floor of the garage and will be heading the the badlands in 3 weeks for my deer will still reek of it when i load it back up!

- - - Updated - - -

we should do a SD party Ty. I have a crew for wyoming, and MT but SD im tinkering applying for too. nothing like hunting with good DIY guys.

Big J knows a thing or 2 about goats tooThumbs Up

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I didn't mean anything. It was just me assuming about the title. It's 2 years running the goats have gave my boy the slip he wants one bad. Can't wait for next year to try again

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 111
  • This month: 104
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 73
  • This month: 69