What do you make to eat for hunting?

fly2cast

Founding Member
Founding Member
Every year when deer hunting, I am the camp b!tch and make the food in exchange for not driving. I always make bbq pulled pork, which is good but I'm thinking of making something different this year. Anybody have suggestions on what to make?

deleted_account

Founding Member
Founding Member
premade breakfast burritos individually wrapped in tinfoil. eat cold while glassing or warm in oven/fire/ cook top

vaccum sealed rotisserie chicken halves with mashed potatoes, gravy, and veggie. place bag in boiling water to heat up. open and enjoy. each bag is it's own individual meal. - this method is our go to and can be done with just about anything. easy to make, easy to clean up. no camp bitch required. they can even be thrown in backpack and eaten out in the field with little hassle.

martinslanding

Founding Member
Founding Member
summer sausage sandwiches are a staple, venison if anybody has any left…usually not though…
then on to small town café for breakfast lunch or supper doesn’t matter. I am in the central part of the state and outside of the hunt itself this is one of my highlights … can’t beat some of these old German/Norwegian ladies cooking …

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
I make jerky, lots of it.

For evening meals, I try to have a pizza on order, or a frozen one that just needs to be tucked in the oven, or maybe a can of soup.

Can you tell that I'm not much of a foodie when there's stuff that needs killing?

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Hostess Twinkies, Have a great shelf life and lots of cals. Fit in backpack and everybody loves them hot or cold.

NDbowman

Founding Member
Founding Member
MRE's aren't bad to eat when in stand or on a hill glassing.

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
This past weekend while camping/pheasant hunting we started keeping some of the hearts each day and throwing them on the grill for a mid day appetizer. Also did some bacon wrap partridge breasts we had shot. Felt like kings sitting around drinking some beers eating them.

Mort

Founding Member
Founding Member
summer sauasage sammich, what else....he he..and oh beans.....real depends on the weather...if it cold..then nice pot of soup/chili is good at the days end of hunting.....

Retired Educator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
How is it that no one has mentioned fresh deer liver and onions. Add some fried potatoes and a few beers and you have a fiest.

nxtgeneration

Founding Member
Founding Member
Deer heart fried up with butter and onions wrapped up in a piece of bread smeared with more butter. Pair this with an all too classy budweiser an you have the perfect deer camp supper. Some doritos for an appetizer too.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 121
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 97
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 73
  • This month: 73