Camping restriction on grasslands?

Dan270

I called NDGF and have yet to hear back. Im sure several of you may know the answer. My question is are there camping restrictions on the grasslands? I have always tented while bow hunting out west and it has always been throwing up a tent in the area I intend to hunt on public ground. Am I able to do the same thing with a small camper or does this require a designated camping area? With a camper I would limit myself to established trails versus packing in. Does this create a problem if I am pulling off the designated trail with a camper so i'm not blocking access?

Obviously I understand there are no hookups and facilities but that is not a concern. I am more concerned if there are legal issues with this?

ndbwhunter

Founding Member
Founding Member
I believe the only restriction is that you have to stay within 100ft of the road.

Bowhunter_24

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ask arrowedem on here. I think he works for the camping division for the ndgf or something like that

Dan270

Since I will be hunting the Little Mo I called the local office in Watford. In case anyone else is wondering you are restricted to roads or trails that are at least as wide as the vehicle and trailer you are hauling and you can drive in a max of 300' from that established trail to set up camp. Thanks for the help and the direction. NDGF called me back and gave me the local number. Both were very helpful. I assumed this was the case but wanted to be sure!

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 169
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 122
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 107
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 77