Tackle Box Reviews

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Since my old plano tackle box was stolen I am in the market for a new one. I don't want a big bulky tackle box that can hold a dozen cranks because most of my summer fishing is on shore. Suggestions

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
Trays is all I ever use. Grab the ones that I plan on using different sizes carry in backpack if shore fishing

ORCUS DEMENS

Founding Member
Founding Member
I agree Plano trays with soft side tackle box. I have one that carries cranks and spoons for trolling and a fanny pack style that holds two trays for shore fishing (very mobile) and a four tray back pack version with a six pack sized cooler for surf fishing. Individual trays go with on the Kayak.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Trays here too, I found a set of stacking plastic drawers that fit nice under the steering council of my boat and a loaded them up with trays, Rotate trays to bag as needed for shore fishing . Drawers are handy as heck and dry place to put cell phone and wallet . Can grab the drawers and put in my pickup or bring in house for re arranging . The floor space under the steering council used to be wasted space.

images

- - - Updated - - -

What did you have before lunker ? Trays are the way to go in my opinion , I have had so many tackle boxes in my life and I wasn't real happy with any of them.

Last edited:

FishReaper

Founding Member
Founding Member
plano Mag trays and a decent backpack. use side pockets for stringers, slip bobbers, hook out, and scale.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Trays here too, I found a set of stacking plastic drawers that fit nice under the steering council of my boat and a loaded them up with trays, Rotate trays to bag as needed for shore fishing . Drawers are handy as heck and dry place to put cell phone and wallet . Can grab the drawers and put in my pickup or bring in house for re arranging . The floor space under the steering council used to be wasted space.

images

- - - Updated - - -

What did you have before lunker ? Trays are the way to go in my opinion , I have had so many tackle boxes in my life and I wasn't real happy with any of them.

Davey I had the two tray Plano square tackle box with lid. I liked becuase it it was easy to set up on the shore here on the rocks. I have a Plano with the the cases but it seems to bulky to me especially since I fish mostly with lindy rigs.

The soft side cases how do they hold up to the elements like rain, sun, rocks or abuse. One thing is for sure that old Plano could take some abuse.

Lostlunker

Founding Member
Founding Member
I use an older Bass Pro Shops stalker backpack/duffel bag style that they apparently don't sell anymore. Lots of pockets and used my own trays. Seems well built and wasn't too expensive if I remember correctly. I like the backpack style especially for shore fishing makes it a lot easier carrying your stuff to in and out of fishing spots.

sierra1995

Founding Member
Founding Member
I use plano boxes like mentioned above. One box for jigs, one for shallow cranks, deep cranks, river cranks, shore fishing tackle, spinner/lindy tackle, etc. I have a smaller boat that won't store all of my tackle so I only take the tackle that I know ill be using. I put the boxes in an old duffel bag I had laying around, along with tools and plastics. I have the same set up for my ice tackle, but use the thin plano boxes and a small soft sided tackle bag.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 102
  • This month: 99
  • This month: 92
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 78
  • This month: 77
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 67
  • This month: 66