Massive Iowa whitetail~

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Every s often we here a story of someone sticking a dandy buck,well here is another one~

Austin Pontier shot this giant of a buck near Osceola, Iowa, on November 6 and early rumors put this deer on a massive scale. Judging by this photo alone, this buck could gross score more than 200 points, maybe even 220 or more. Sometimes, pictures can make bucks look a little bigger than they prove to be, however, that doesn’t seem to be the case here.

There simply is no way to hide it; this buck is huge!
doah.gif
The antler mass is incredible, and it’s throughout the entire rack. This certainly raises the bar on bucks taken during the rutGiantIowaBuck-832x600.jpgGiantIowaBuck-832x600.jpg

Last edited:

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
He's a sotans news travels a little bit slower on the eastern side of the red, it's not their fault they voted for the beast.

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sorry guyz,missed the thread if it was posted here,yeah,I'm a little slow these days and enjoy smelling the flowers along the way.Still a dandy buck,makes me wonder how legit this story is? Taken@night?(poached) or high fence?

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
The flowers do smell good and as one ages they even smell better.
Enjoy walking in the bush and with this kind of weather do enjoy the night walk. However sometimes it does get spooky and then your brain and eyes start to wonder. Have walked next to the deer along with other creatures in the dark.

I have had a number of animals tell me I do no belong in their home. From moose to hawks, owls and skunks along with a pack of coyotes once. When its dark and you holler at the coyotes which are only 50 feet from you and all they do is yip back at you. You find yourself with a mile to go yet in the woods and nothing but a stick in your hand. Damn coyotes but been told they will never whatever and you say sure to yourself.

The last time a few weeks ago I almost stepped on the skunk. As my foot came down I notice I was going to step right next to him. I jump back as the skunk did but then he jump at me as I was trying to pick a stick up to defend myself. But he took off and I am sure he was as scare and surprise as I was. I just dreg the thought of rabies shots. db

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Aahhhh,okay then....

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
If you could see my face you would know its a happy face,two chances of snow hitting the pond this winter,"slim" and "none",not worth the trip for one token walleye

ndbwhunter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sorry guyz,missed the thread if it was posted here,yeah,I'm a little slow these days and enjoy smelling the flowers along the way.Still a dandy buck,makes me wonder how legit this story is? Taken@night?(poached) or high fence?

What is it about this story that would make you question whether or not the deer was taken legally? Just because it's big? Or is it jealousy?

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
because legally taken giants are exceedingly rare - and poaching and high fence takes happen all the time?

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
that's why I tend to pass on all big racks. db

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
nd,what guy said,couple years ago we had another giant taken near a small town in southern Minn,poached at night,monster 8pt'er state record score,locals knew the buck and the shooter ran his mouth and got busted,this deer is amazing for Mn or anywhere else,so far it seems lagit,many more like stories of big deer taken illegally,good to see if this one is on the up-n-up so far.

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Fort ripley is way past its time,infact the deer herd is the lowest its been ever this year,few deer were taken this season and nothing made book as far as I know.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 102
  • This month: 99
  • This month: 90
  • This month: 78
  • This month: 78
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 67
  • This month: 64