WMA maps

Tikka280ai

Founding Member
Founding Member
is there anywhere that has maps of WMA's. I have scouted out a few that border some private land and make sure I don't cross the borders and have to deal with issues that can come from that.

thanks in advance

Fly Carpin

Founding Member
Founding Member
If you go to the NDGF website and select Maps on the right, select PLOTS Guide Viewer, and zoom to your area. The WMA layer is on by default. You can turn on aerial imagery, PLSS data, etc. etc. Should give you a good idea of property boundaries. NDGF WMA Viewer.jpg

WormWiggler

Founding Member
Founding Member
A cool app would be one where you define a boundary or use a predefined boundary and it alerts you as you approach it. Like a slow be that increases as you near a section line. Wish I was smarter...

Petras

Founding Member
Founding Member
Chek out onxmaps. Has all kinds of boundaries. Private parcels with landowner names and all different types of public lands. If you download it on your phone I think you get a 7 day free trial. After that it's $30/state/year. Well worth it in my opinion. Lots of other cool functions as well such as the ability to punch in a landowners name and it highlights all their land

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yep onx is the shit and shows not only the different types of ground even rez ground it also gives you the name of who owns each chunk and gives you your GPS location overlaid over the map.

fnznfwl

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yep onx is the shit and shows not only the different types of ground even rez ground it also gives you the name of who owns each chunk and gives you your GPS location overlaid over the map.

not in every county.

1850reata

Founding Member
Founding Member
I use a Garmin Nuvi with a 5" screen. My main use is for scouting waterfowl and finding landowners.

Tom Schauer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I use a Garmin Montana 650T. I got a refurbished one of Amazon. It is awesome. NDGF and SDGF offer a free download that you can put on your GPS device.

Kickemup

Founding Member
Founding Member
If u want to just use your phone like I do. Use ArcGIS has a map for all of ND public land with gps so u know where u are at on it.

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yes. I should've clarified... do your Garmins with Traxx show landowner information? I've got an older Garmin that doesn't even with an updated chip. So, I am going to break down and buy a new one. Looking for input.

martinslanding

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yes. I should've clarified... do your Garmins with Traxx show landowner information? I've got an older Garmin that doesn't even with an updated chip. So, I am going to break down and buy a new one. Looking for input.

Should be able to get a good 5 inch display for around $100 or less electronics always on sale this time of year...don't be afraid of the refurbished ones either

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 103
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75