Another Monster white tail~

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Unreal these bruiser are still around these days,howard lake Minn is farm country,can't believe someone didn't tag this beast before this year.

monster 30 pointer.jpg

Jim Wackler is 78 years old and says he hasn’t missed a deer hunting season since 1957, but on Friday, he shot a 36-point buck just north of Howard Lake.
Wackler says the deer weighed in at 219 pounds when he field-dressed it, and that means a lot of venison this winter. He says he hunts to feed his family, and they’ll eat every pound of that meat in the coming months.

Last edited by a moderator:

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
You should see the pictures I have on my phone. Just from this area. Huge deer. Not really my place to share though.

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
Unreal these bruiser are still around these days,howard lake Minn is farm country,can't believe someone didn't tag this beast before this year.

WP_20170518_008.jpg

Jim Wackler is 78 years old and says he hasn’t missed a deer hunting season since 1957, but on Friday, he shot a 36-point buck just north of Howard Lake.
Wackler says the deer weighed in at 219 pounds when he field-dressed it, and that means a lot of venison this winter. He says he hunts to feed his family, and they’ll eat every pound of that meat in the coming months.

Gotta admire the perseverance. A lot of guys quit the game before 78.

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
ain't really my place i guess. sorry. sounds silly. but, i figure if they want them posted online, they will post them.

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
Makes one's face smile when you see or hear of an old geezer getting a buck of a lifetime. Happy for him!

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
What Sum1 that is a monter buck from sconi land, it's got to be real because it's on the Web. Just kidding

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
I need a crying towel, a comfort dog, and a case of Tequila because I feel inadequate now.

I was going to guess Rem 760 or 6 in 30-06 but I see it's either an 870 or 1200/1300. I had the pump part right anyway.

BDub

Founding Member
Founding Member
[h=3]MONSTER BUCK DEER[/h]

My faith in Internet stories has been restored. Finally, some honesty in big buck hunting stories.
Above is a picture of the new world record whitetail buck. It was taken by the cousin of a co-worker's sister's uncle's best friend's son-in-law's niece's hairdresser's neighbor's ex-boyfriend's oldest nephew. Reportedly it will score 2603-1/8 by B&C standard and was shot in West Texas on a really windy day, 85 degrees downhill, around a curve at 900 yards with a .22 cal. rifle.

Supposedly, this deer had killed a Brahma bull, two Land Rovers, and six Jehovah's Witnesses in the last two weeks alone. They said it was winning a fight with Bigfoot when it was shot. It has also been confirmed that the buck had been seen drinking discharge water from a nuclear power plant.

All this has been checked and confirmed by my friends at Snopes.

Honestly and Sincerely,
Barack H. Obama

savage270

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was going to guess Rem 760 or 6 in 30-06 but I see it's either an 870 or 1200/1300. I had the pump part right anyway.

I read another article about this deer and he shot it with a 20 gauge slug, at 35 yards, while sitting in a lawn chair by a cornfield. He used to hunt "up north", but since he started using a cane a few years ago he had to start hunting closer to home.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I read another article about this deer and he shot it with a 20 gauge slug, at 35 yards, while sitting in a lawn chair by a cornfield. He used to hunt "up north", but since he started using a cane a few years ago he had to start hunting closer to home.

that's how old guys do it - wags can vouch for that - he's seen it in action

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 135
  • This month: 127
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 91
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 85