potato wedges

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Anyone like potato wedges and know the best way to make them ?

- - - Updated - - -

Reason I'm asking is because I'm having a late supper and dipping some home made Cajun wedges in ranch dressing and wondering if it can get any better than this.

Retired Educator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I'm pretty sure I would like them much better if I could learn a way to make them a little more crunchy. Always seem to come out with a soft skin. Prefer fries, wedges, as well as baked potatoes to have a crunchy outer layer.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
If you want a crunchy skin and you are deep fat frying them, cook about half way, take out of oil and let rest for a few minutes then fry again until done.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
I cut mine smaller and oven bake them then finish them off with high boil till they are almost burned . This last time I made two batches , One coated with olive oil and panko with a little garlic salt and coarse ground pepper. The other batch was olive oil and crispy southern fish fry , The southern fish fry coating won the contest.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Make crisp, season well, melt assload of cheese over them mixed with an assload of crumbled bacon, dip in sour cream.

Brian Renville

Founding Member
Founding Member
Make baked potatoes for dinner, throw a few extra in. Toss the leftovers in the fridge. When you want good wedges cut them up and toss in the fryer. Also can be used other ways for quick potatoes. Cut into "chips" and toss into pan with breakfast things, toss around a few times and you have a 5 min breakfast bowl.

ORCUS DEMENS

Founding Member
Founding Member
Beer Battered potato wedges, dip in ranch dressing. Used to be a big hit when served with chicken wings.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
That would be a hit with me even as I prefer three condiments for potato snacks: Ketchup, sour cream and 57 mixed with egg residue on the plate and hashbrowns. I usually order three eggs and save one for the hashbrowns. Holy eff; good stuff.

- - - Updated - - -

th

Last edited:

Auggie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Fry red potatoes. They have more sugar than a russet. This helps red potatoes to brown/crisp more.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 134
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 83
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75