North Dakota College football

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
UND seeded No. 7 in first-ever trip to FCS playoffs
North Dakota State, the five-time defending FCS champion, received the No. 1 seed. The Bison and South Dakota State shared the Missouri Valley Football Conference regular-season title. Two other MVFC teams -- Youngstown State and Illinois State -- also made the field.

“The Big Sky is definitely one of the best conferences in the FCS,” said UND linebacker Connor O’Brien. “It’s cool to be part of a 24-team bracket and to have four Big Sky teams in it is a good feeling.”

The first-round bye also gives UND an advantage when it comes to health.
http://www.grandforksherald.com/spo...-und-seeded-no-7-first-ever-trip-fcs-playoffs

NDSU awarded No. 1 seed, will host winner of Cal Poly and San Diego

Sounds good to be a North Dakotan

- - - Updated - - -

Could UND and NDSU play each other

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
I would of rather seen a und ndsu matchup bs sd IMG_2017.JPG

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
UND seeded No. 7 in first-ever trip to FCS playoffs
North Dakota State, the five-time defending FCS champion, received the No. 1 seed. The Bison and South Dakota State shared the Missouri Valley Football Conference regular-season title. Two other MVFC teams -- Youngstown State and Illinois State -- also made the field.

“The Big Sky is definitely one of the best conferences in the FCS,” said UND linebacker Connor O’Brien. “It’s cool to be part of a 24-team bracket and to have four Big Sky teams in it is a good feeling.”

The first-round bye also gives UND an advantage when it comes to health.
http://www.grandforksherald.com/spo...-und-seeded-no-7-first-ever-trip-fcs-playoffs

NDSU awarded No. 1 seed, will host winner of Cal Poly and San Diego

Sounds good to be a North Dakotan

- - - Updated - - -

Could UND and NDSU play each other

Only in the Championship game as they are in different brackets.

NDwalleyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was born and raised in GF, graduated from UND and am a huge UND fan but I have to say, the whole FCS thing is a joke. All they did is take the old division II schools, give them more scholarships and call them the FCS. The old division III schools are the new division II.

It's still division II football and means nothing in terms of winning a "Division I national championship". When UND and NDSU can beat Louisiana or Alabama to win a title I'll be a fan. I'd rather go back to the old NCC days when UND and NDSU played outside and people threw whisky bottles at Eddy.

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
I would of rather seen a und ndsu matchup bs sdIMG_0956.JPG

I would rather see North Dakota vs North Dakota Frisco show down! can you imagine if the Frisco people learned it was an all ND show! I bet they would have to call Anheuser-Busch and tell them to inform their employees there's going to be some serious overtime coming because the beer will be flowing by the gallon!

Kickemup

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was born and raised in GF, graduated from UND and am a huge UND fan but I have to say, the whole FCS thing is a joke. All they did is take the old division II schools, give them more scholarships and call them the FCS. The old division III schools are the new division II.

It's still division II football and means nothing in terms of winning a "Division I national championship". When UND and NDSU can beat Louisiana or Alabama to win a title I'll be a fan. I'd rather go back to the old NCC days when UND and NDSU played outside and people threw whisky bottles at Eddy.

I would look at it this way until these so called varsity schools play in a real playoff. They are not the division 1 champions. The teams who are in the fcs are. Yes they might be better than the fcs schools but they should be they have more coverage more scholarships in turn get better players. If I'm right I believe up until 2 years ago the fcs schools championship flag flew at NCAA headquarters under national championship. Not a fbs school.

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I really wish UND was ranked 8 so they could possibly play the Bison in the quarterfinals. I rather see UND lose to the Bison than to EWU. Let's hope EWU chokes so we could see an all ND showdown in frisco

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member

. *****combine the schools. Mascot bison Tear the roof off dome use the alerus center to park farm machinery in and we can jump up. Meanwhile a low population state has no business doing what it is. Mn ever lower tuition we're going to. See empty building and both inst. going belly up

Ristorapper

Founding Member
Founding Member
I do know one thing. Both teams need the bye week to get healthy. UND was, i believe ranked #8 before their bye week. Somehow they moved up one to #7 this week.

Has anyone ever seen a team get their bye game the last game of the season like UND?? Not sure i've ever seen a bye week the last game of the season. So they have two weeks to get healthy; and will need it.

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
Bison are really the walking wounded now. If they make it to the Championship this year with all the injuries it will be truly amazing.

BrewCrew

★★★★ Legendary Member
The FCS Championship is still the only recognized national champion in football by the NCAA - because it is the only true PLAYOFF - at the NCAA HQ on the Wall of Champions - in the Hall of Champions - NDSU is recognized as the five time reigning NCAA Div 1 Football champion.

MuskyManiac

Founding Member
Founding Member
Regardless of what subdivision they're in, both teams give tens-of-thousands fans entertainment and enjoyment. That's what it's all about anyway. If some people don't like watching them, then don't, but ridiculing people for getting entertainment value is lame. If we all liked the same things that would be pretty boring.

zoops

Founding Member
Founding Member

I also grew up in GF and went to UND and have been to countless games - grandparents had season tickets to hockey, football, and basketball and I was a sports nut as a kid so I tagged along since about the time I was potty trained. Was just talking to a buddy the other day - remember when we were at the game in 1993 when UND broke the bison's streak? We sat on the track behind the end zone because the bleachers were full. We were 10 years old and my parents just dropped us off at the stadium and said "we'll pick you up at grandma's after the game" - my grandparents lived by university park. Would anyone dare let 10 year olds go to a college football game by themselves these days lol?
I guess I don't have a problem with FCS football. D2 became a lot of smaller schools (UM-Crookston, Moorhead, Mary, Minot, etc) that really watered it down and really made it a no-brainer for the better D2 schools to move up. It's worked out pretty well. No sane person will argue that the FCS champion is the best college team in the country so whatever I guess. To think that UND or NDSU will compete with the SEC is not grounded in reality. Got my tickets for UND's playoff game today; will be my first game since the D1 move and I am looking forward to it.

Last edited:

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well San Diego will be coming for round two so hopefully the boys don't look past them even though it should be a slaughter. so with the team heading to fargo and a fair chunk of their state sitting south of Bismarck Ive only got one thing to say!

https://youtu.be/XWEvLT3gxzU

Ristorapper

Founding Member
Founding Member
I would rather see North Dakota vs North Dakota Frisco show down! can you imagine if the Frisco people learned it was an all ND show! I bet they would have to call Anheuser-Busch and tell them to inform their employees there's going to be some serious overtime coming because the beer will be flowing by the gallon!

#CouldyouimaginewhatI-29wouldlooklikeifUND/NDSUweretoknockheadsinFrisco

martinslanding

Founding Member
Founding Member
UND vs. NDSU in Frisco for the class B title would be epic, there would be no booze left in that town...Frisco thought NDSU fans were fanatics wait until the entire state shows up...it would be awesome for for the state of ND and really show the rest of the country how we do things up here...

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 100
  • This month: 99
  • This month: 90
  • This month: 78
  • This month: 78
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 67
  • This month: 62