Christensen Arms Mesa

Whisky

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just saw the release of this new rifle and was curious if anybody had any experiences, good or bad, with Christensen arms? I have come so close to pulling a trigger on a Tikka and bed it into a Manners but for the price of the Mesa $1295 and what you get this looks like the way to go hands down......if they shoot

https://christensenarms.com/firearms/bolt-rifles/mesa

437615aa7ba0db9e76000de81ee4114b.jpg

453ff4b3d5b4dfbb0ce5d012a66a5005.jpg

Top it with a NXS 2.5-10x42 in Talley LWs and have a loaded rig around 8.3lbs.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have heard mixed reports on there other stuff. It is a sharp looking rig

ItemB

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've been eyeing the christensen arms ridgeline that scheels has, feels/fits really nice and the action was pretty smooth. I have no idea how they shoot though haven't did much research as spending $2000 on a rifle right now isn't in the budget. Unless I find out they shoot lights out I could be easily convinced.

bigv

Founding Member
Founding Member
looks very impressive however. I would like to know the smoothness of the fluted bolt? Upon research it seems there is no real reason to flute bolt other than looks. Some thought it would be lighter. Some thought it makes it cleaner as debris can slight out but those all were proved to be just theories. I know I tried the action of the savage lightweight hunter with the fluted bolt and it was not smooth at all. This gun sure is neat looking!

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
They have a sub-moa guarantee! I would assume it shoots good?

there have been plenty of reports of there other guns having problems. it is with one ammo and with the group they shoot so theres that.

looks very impressive however. I would like to know the smoothness of the fluted bolt? Upon research it seems there is no real reason to flute bolt other than looks. Some thought it would be lighter. Some thought it makes it cleaner as debris can slight out but those all were proved to be just theories. I know I tried the action of the savage lightweight hunter with the fluted bolt and it was not smooth at all. This gun sure is neat looking!

i am no christensen fan boy but to compare them to a salvage is like a mustang and a tempo.

bigv

Founding Member
Founding Member
oh I understand that completely. Just curious. I assume your use of "Salvage" was intentional?

deleted_account

Founding Member
Founding Member
You'd literally have to pay me to own and shoot a savage. Sorry, I'm not sorry

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
oh I understand that completely. Just curious. I assume your use of "Salvage" was intentional?

its was and my kid even has a 243 that shoots great it just feels like a savage. I have ran some fluted bolts done by good shops and they run as smooth as any other bolt. Seems they had more problems with the carbon fiber bbls than any thing. If i go carbon fiber it would be a bbl from proof research and then have a good smith spin it up on a action. Would be interested in trying out one of the mausingfields

bigv

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have several rifles but switched over to a Sako Finnlight. I think the OP should check these out. About a nice a gun out there in looks, handling and performance.

Whisky

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have several rifles but switched over to a Sako Finnlight. I think the OP should check these out. About a nice a gun out there in looks, handling and performance.

Had a Finnlight in .308 that I have regretted selling on more then 1 occasion.

jdinny

Founding Member
Founding Member
You'd literally have to pay me to own and shoot a savage. Sorry, I'm not sorry

seriously?

I don't doubt you but my wife shoots a .260 savage predator hunter with the heavier fluted barrel. its a freaking tack driver too 800 yards with the berger 140 vlds. I don't shoot quite as good as my buddy but he had a 2.5" group with it at 550 yards which all things considered no modifications to it is solid for a stock rifle. vortex optics.

it is a heavier gun though so I hate packing the dam thing around for her. I wanna say its over 9# without the scope

lets be honest my buddy is a much better shot than I so my groups are still MOA-sub MOA slightly at that range

Last edited:

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I tote a 12ish pound rifle around but the confidence I have in it is worth it to me. I will just work harder in the off season so it feels lighter

deleted_account

Founding Member
Founding Member
I tote a 12ish pound rifle around but the confidence I have in it is worth it to me. I will just work harder in the off season so it feels lighter

build another! only about 5 pounds lighter

- - - Updated - - -

seriously?

I don't doubt you but my wife shoots a .260 savage predator hunter with the heavier fluted barrel. its a freaking tack driver too 800 yards with the berger 140 vlds. I don't shoot quite as good as my buddy but he had a 2.5" group with it at 550 yards which all things considered no modifications to it is solid for a stock rifle. vortex optics.

it is a heavier gun though so I hate packing the dam thing around for her. I wanna say its over 9# without the scope

lets be honest my buddy is a much better shot than I so my groups are still MOA-sub MOA slightly at that range

i have zero doubt they shoot good. I just don't like the way they feel, look, and hate their triggers.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
build another! only about 5 pounds lighter

- - - Updated - - -

i have zero doubt they shoot good. I just don't like the way they feel, look, and hate their triggers.

Lend me 3 grand and I will. If I puss out I can take my wife's finbear in 7mag it is 8ish. The kifaru pack is kinda blowing my toy budget for the fiscal hunting gear year.

jdinny

Founding Member
Founding Member
kurtr- I'm a pussy haha I cant imagine a 12# gun hiking around in the badlands. either I am a gigantic wet pussy or you sir are a beast!

wags, you don't like the accu trigger huh? I like it a lot.

my ole 7mm ADL is at straight shot gunsmithing right now getting a new bartelin barrel and McMillan stock on it on it. really looking forward to see what that baby can do.

what do you shoot wags just curious?

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
It is in my pack in the profile pick hauled it around Idaho. It wasn't bad. The eberlestock was the weak link. The tab sling was a key to carry comfortabl. I am looking forward to testing the kifaru gun bearer. My problem is I have never pulled the trigger with out killing something so it is hard for me to take anything else

- - - Updated - - -

Also i am probably more stubborn than smart i have been in some shit situations because of it but it is nice knowing where you red line and for how long you can

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 135
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 120
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 85
  • This month: 75