What lake is famous for the dark gold walleyes?

MSA

Founding Member
Founding Member
What lake in canada is most known for those really dark gold walleyes. Im doing a color variation mount by lakes.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Is there a difference than below the Darling dam?

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
What lake in canada is most known for those really dark gold walleyes. Im doing a color variation mount by lakes.

I know what you are talking about, but cannot remember the name of the lake.

remm

Founding Member
Founding Member
You looking for one lake in particular? I've caught quite a few walleyes that were almost black- looked like black/gold shad raps kinda- in a few different lakes in MB and SK.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
seems the boundry waters by two harbors mn had really gold walleyes.

luvcatchingbass

Founding Member
Founding Member
The Blood Vein River (MB/Ont area) system has what you are talking about I know. Did a fly-in a few years ago, think it was Atitak Park, and that's what they were. I should have a couple pics somewhere if you need one.

MSA

Founding Member
Founding Member
I dont need pics as much as i need a famous lake name. Gonna have 4 on a frame, the blue (cant remember the lake name), lake winnipeg, lake michigan, and the dark gold one.

DerHornen

Founding Member
Founding Member
The walleye I caught in Rainy Lake were pretty dark gold. That's half Canada and half U.S.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
bay de quinte

- - - Updated - - -

bayofquinte_walleye_icfishing.jpg

wildeyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
When i was up at lower foster with Mort Bank caught some dark gold walleyes there. fun times

luvcatchingbass

Founding Member
Founding Member
Found were we went. It was Artery Lake, fly in and cabin was provided by Jacksons Lodge and Outpost, Lac du Bonnet. Great owners and great experiences, my dads neighbor has been going up there for about 22-25yrs and I was able to go once so far with them.

remm

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think Artery lake must be close to Gammon River, that's where I've flown in a few times. Not sure of the closest lake to there, it's on the MB-Ont border, right in the area they had some big forest fires last year. Some of the coolest looking black walleyes I've ever seen.

luvcatchingbass

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think Artery lake must be close to Gammon River, that's where I've flown in a few times. Not sure of the closest lake to there, it's on the MB-Ont border, right in the area they had some big forest fires last year. Some of the coolest looking black walleyes I've ever seen.

I believe you are correct. Awesome area and trip for us. Jet black top half and awesome gold bellies. Dang it now I wanna go back. Also we got to look at some great cliff paintings and with the high water that year we could get right next to them and I got some really good pics

MSA

Founding Member
Founding Member
Erie had blue walleyes but there's some canadian lakes that still claim they exist.

Not the blue walleye specie (s. vitreus glaucus) theyre extinct. Theres a few minnesota lakes that produce a blue color variation of walleye.

MSA

Founding Member
Founding Member
Not yet, I just put it in the freezer to sit on the back burner til im caught up on other peoples mounts. Worst case scenario i get a badass skull mount.

bowfin_skull_by_lexlothor-d6m9b85 (1).jpg

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 135
  • This month: 127
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 91
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 85