Longnose Gar on Mesquite Plank

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
The fillet looked decent. He should have bled it. Gar have "better" feeding habits than pike and I wish all the negativity would just stop it!!!

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think ive ever been that hungry.

What country do you reside?

I understand your meaning and implore you to give thanks to God for your blessings and consider Karma. Karma and Zen are real especially with all things fish. I hope when I meet Jesus he'll be good with my tangents from King James. Didn't mean this to get heavy. I agree with the Robinson principle: If you feel it's awkward to talk about The Lord Jesus Christ that's when it's time to preach the Gospel. I'm as good at preaching the Gospel as I am maintaining my life so don't feel hesitation calling me a tool.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Someone needs to make a "fish" blade for a sawzall.

Retired Educator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I have no idea how that tasted. In my experience most fish I have eaten that was that red when cleaned did not taste well. I also noticed when it was cooked he needed a bowie knife to cut it. Fish I am used to eating is so flaky when cooked it certainly does not need a knife. It appeared that fish was akin to eating shoe leather. Never did see if the dog ate the piece he was offered.

Maybe it was great and I would probably try a bite. From the video I would certainly be hesitant but I would try it.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
He didn't bleed and soak it. Dolphin have the same texture.

th

- - - Updated - - -

Kill your fish.
Bleed out
Keep cold

(Heart keeps pumping out blood after fish is dead from a whack on the head. Gill strike or top of the head.)

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I had tuna fish for lunch, I placed a slice of bread on a cookie sheet, then applied the tuna, and topped it with a slice of cheese. It was wonderful. I call these tuna melts, and enjoy them thoroughly.

I have also convinced mrs johnr to indulge, she minorly excited about them, but enjoys them with a slight less amount of zest

Retired Educator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
He didn't bleed and soak it. Dolphin have the same texture.

th

- - - Updated - - -

Kill your fish.
Bleed out
Keep cold

(Heart keeps pumping out blood after fish is dead from a whack on the head. Gill strike or top of the head.)

The dolphin (mahi mahi) I have eaten has never needed a knife to cut. Dolphin is some of the most tasty fish I have eaten. And yes, the ones I have caught and eaten were immediately put on ice.

ItemB

Founding Member
Founding Member
I had tuna fish for lunch, I placed a slice of bread on a cookie sheet, then applied the tuna, and topped it with a slice of cheese. It was wonderful. I call these tuna melts, and enjoy them thoroughly.

I have also convinced mrs johnr to indulge, she minorly excited about them, but enjoys them with a slight less amount of zest
Was the tuna at least mixed up with mayo, onions, celery and pickles?

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
The dolphin (mahi mahi) I have eaten has never needed a knife to cut. Dolphin is some of the most tasty fish I have eaten. And yes, the ones I have caught and eaten were immediately put on ice.

If what I had was the true fish, it was tasty and had the texture of tender chicken. It didn't "flake".

- - - Updated - - -

Anyways, I'm not a gar aficionado. Just trying to keep things lively. Indians used their scales as arrowheads and the hide would make interesting leather products. I'd be the first rock drummer on the block with a pair of gar boots.

- - - Updated - - -

Damn it.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 169
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84